Regional aviation

lately the Airport CEO has gained new aircraft like E-jets, A321, A319, DASH 8-Q400, but I wonder will we have new aircraft for the small stand. I would love to see an EMB 120 or a 1900 Beechcraft. I think the airlines would look very handsome on an EMB 120 or Beechcraft 1900

4 Likes

@Rubble???

??? I should fix this post?

No, just pinging our community aircraft designer :wink:

I would too. :slight_smile:

The thing is that these sorts of planes are no longer regional planes for scheduled flights for the most part. Airlines no longer really use anything smaller than 50 passengers for scheduled flights. You still may see these used in limited numbers for some remote areas, but not in any big numbers. There are only about 9 airlines that have more than 10 of the Beechcraft and half of those are strictly cargo carriers. The EMB 120 is even more limited in that there are only about 100 still in service and it seems a majority of those are for cargo transit.

I get the reasons behind wanting planes like this and the need to add planes for the small stand, and I’m not opposed to adding planes like this. However, I think that they should be added in a capacity that makes more sense to the overall trends of how airline flight is these days. If they were charter flights (something that would be interesting to add) or cargo planes (something other people have talked about) that would make sense. But adding them in and suddenly having them landing all over the place just seems silly considering they aren’t widely used. I’d like seeing rarely used planes landing be something interesting since it would be uncommon.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.