Runway design and operation

I think it would be cool if there was a special vehicle, which would inspect/repair the runways.

1 Like

You do know there are multiple widths used for runways (and taxiways)?

The sealed surface itself, the graded width (flat ground that they can drive over at high speed without major incident) and the clear area (no obstacles above the hight of the runway edge).

The gable markers (white long rectangular triangles) are the outer boundaries of the “runway”, not the edge of the sealed surface.

And I’ve not even touched on the airspace requirements, which start at the edge of the garble markers and slope upwards at specific angles depended on the aircraft category the runway is rated for.
That’s so complex that a radio antenna was infringing the main runway for years before it was picked up by expert aviation surveyors. The antenna is located on the other side of the terminal… (small regional airport where I used to work as airport maintenance / airport reporting officer / works safety officer).

Try not to get too tied up with specifics of width, given that this is still a beta simulation.

I would support however changing the runway construction to a tile based approach similar to taxiways. Only add a width and a strength component to the taxiway and runway nodes, in order to permit allowing / disallowing aircraft based on their size category (weight / tire pressure and width both are taken into account).

1 Like

I haven’t flown in over 25 years so I haven’t updated my book yearly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Madari

I agree with you, but let me just add a couple of things. By looking at normal runways planes have several exit points and Plane can take off via short distances. As it stands, in order to make the plane move right taxiways always have to lead the plane from behind / in front of the runway.

1 Like

Well it also depends on ground traffic. Maybe airplane needs to take a longer path in order to not conflict with other ground traffic.

Also nice picture of Air Traffic Controller 4 Haneda V1 :+1: I bet you heard that V2 is just released :wink:

1 Like

Hi…antenna design consideration must be there. These considerations include system requirements, antenna selection, antenna placement, antenna element design/simulation and antenna measurements. A center-fed dipole antenna is presented as a design/simulation example. A measurement discussion includes reflection parameter measurements and directive gain measurements.

order pcb

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your insight, but I think this discussion kinda ended a while back…

I still stand behind only drawback with the design of runways, roads, service roads and things around airport ground area specially…

MAINTENANCE, FIXES etc… I think this needs to be addressed, its should NOT be a click of a button, it should involve planning to shut things down, arrange, order things etc…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.