Runway Placement Restrictions

I had no money to extend the airport so I ended up with the runways placed like this:

The souther runway is for starting only, they start heading north, the upper runway is for landing only from the north.
This would never be allowed in real life, alone for the missed approach procedure.

What do you think, should it be allowed to build like that in ACEO? Should it not be possible, or a warning issued?

BTW, those diagonal taxiways look ugly.

1 Like

This would never be allowed in real life

That’s why this is a computer game :wink:

What do you think, should it be allowed to build like that in ACEO?

It should be, because this is a computer game :wink:

BTW, those diagonal taxiways look ugly.

I agree, we have to deal with it until diagonal pieces are available.

Not sure, if it would be forbidden in real life to build it this way. For sure aircrafts wouldn’t be allowed to start and land at the same time, so capacity would be lower.

I think, you should be allowed to build like you want, as long as it’s physical plausible … but … operation of aircrafts should have to be safe, so efficiency should drop if you build in a bad way.

AirportCEO shouldn’t be a simple arcade game, it should be a simulator. imho
There could be an arcade mode for people who mix up personal computers with smartphones . scnr

My layout is totally unrealistic. Unless the wind is starting between the runways and going “outwards”, you couldn’t use them at the same time. So there would be two runways with the capacity of a single runway.

When the devs will implement wind directions influencing runway usage, I need to demolish most of my airport. :grimacing:

Never said, that people would build runways in real life like you did ingame. I just said, I don’t know if it’s forbidden to build it that way. Is it forbidden to throw your money onto the streets? I don’t think so. :wink:

I agree that capacity of these two runways would be like only one and therefore it’s lost money … that’s what I tried to say.

Well, yes this is a computer game, and it would be too difficult for most players unfamiliar with those real life restrictions, but what about implementing it as part of higher difficulty settings ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.