Runway preferences?

Wondering how the runway preference mechanism works. It seems now my flights prefer one runway over the other and that’s been bothering me from building larger airports. Hopefully anyone would explain the mechanism for me so that I can better arrange the runways. Thanks

I found, that planes seem to favor their “original” size length, over closeness or shortest path.

Also, check this comment about plane routing.

Yeah, but I have three large runways with the same takeoff pattern :rofl:

Oh, I need to build 3 large runways, just because I can.

Sorry for the bad planning but I have to have multiple runways for my airport with 50 stands. I used to plan a four-runway airport but the traffic jam just stopped me.

I feel having the runways set for takeoff/landing only are more efficient? (not sure about that) So I have two for takeoff and one for landing. But the problem is that the planes are pilling up by one runway the other takeoff runways is quite… empty…

1 Like

Atm busy in Anno 1800, but if I would build up another setup, I would (again) try to build East > West.

So, two runways on East for landing.

Two runways on West for leaving.

Then all traffic goes westward on your whole field, and you can design for that.

Appreciate it. But I think we’re a bit off. :rofl: My traffic is fine but planes just all waiting by one runway for takeoff instead of using the other available runway.

And there’re too many planes waiting and created the traffic jam

Oh, my departing planes, just make a stack on the runway edge, 40 planes in a stack is a weird sight :wink:

Yes, thats a bug since A36. :frowning:

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.