Save file loads, game runs then closes

Hello all!

I have a problem, not sure if its a bug or not, nonetheless, I will try to explain.

In an airport of mine I have been working on the last couple of days, which exsists of: 6 medium stands on my old terminal and 12 mediums on my new one. I slowly activated the new terminal step by step to take over and while doing that, slowly removing the old terminal. In this process I had to save and reload a couple of times due to lag and stuff like walls, baggage belts and pavement werent loaded correctly anymore, in which I replaced all of the “missing” stuff.

After I was done with rep,lacing stuff I saved the game, closed down ACEO and loaded it back up again. I loaded my save file and everything seemed normal until I could see my airport. The game closed itself without me doing anything.

As for the screenshot… I cant post one as the game shuts down before I can make one.

Kind regards,

PrimeSnow - Mitchell

1 Like

But what I can do is actually post a link to the save file, which is what I forgot in my first post :man_facepalming:

Hope this helps a bit.

PrimeSnow - Mitchell

1 Like

I’m not sure I fully understand the issue, once you load the airport the game closes itself, is that correct?

2 Likes

That is correct

1 Like

Do you get enough time to send in a bug report?

2 Likes

I managed to pause the game before it shutting down, I am filling in a bug report as you read this :slight_smile:

EDIT: I got a server error in the game, I am making an Issue via your website.

1 Like

It’s better if you can try it via the bug reporting tool instead as we need the data it collects. Is it a big airport?

1 Like

Hi, sorry for my late response!

I tried the tool, but I get a error 500 message, I am somehow not connected to a server?

PrimeSnow - Mitchell

1 Like

Does your firewall allow the ACEO client to connect to the internet?

2 Likes

Yes it does, I have checked that multiple times the last couple of days.

1 Like

All right, I see, how large is the save folder of the save you’re trying to send in?

1 Like

That specific folder is about 45MB

Right, that’s a pretty huge save then which explains why its denied. Can you locate your ouput_log file from after a crash and send it to us at support@airportceo.com?

1 Like

Yes I can, I have send it to you at the specified address :slight_smile:

1 Like

There seems to be an array of exceptions thrown in the boarding system for passengers, this could be the reason for the crash. Will look into it and supply a fix in Alpha 36.

2 Likes

I am sorry if I came over as confusing, I am also sorry for replying very late this time.

Anyway thank you for looking into the problem and good luck with the fix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There seems to be an array of exceptions thrown in the boarding system for passengers, this could be the reason for the crash. Will look into it and supply a fix in Alpha 36.

It always suprises me how you guys find and solve problems easily and quickly. Like you guys see it as shown with 72 sized characters in log.txt as “HEY LOOK AT ME I AM THE PROBLEM!” at line 7215 :smiley: Maybe your bug resolving efforts should deserve a paragraph on following devblogs :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sort of like writing a really long essay. At some point you’ve had first hand knowledge of what you wrote and the more recently you wrote it the easier it is to recall what you wrote about and a lot of time its pretty easy to quickly get back into that part of the code, unless its super old. We of course also have a lot of tooling that helps us uncover issues more quickly. During the beta period we’ll for sure have some time to write about bug fixing! :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.