Seasons, Holiday Celebrations & Locations

At the main menu, will we be able to create our map scenario like the location and climate. Would be interesting if we can select our locations from deserts, tropical and green lands especially when they affect the terrain details.

Suggestions:
Option 1: I was thinking whether or not we can get choose what climate we want for our airport whether it’s a hot or cold climate. This option is more permanent compared to option 2.

Option 2: There will be four Seasons of Summer, Winter, Autumn and Spring which runs throughout each year.

In addition, with holidays like New Year, Chinese New Year, Easter, Christmas for example, we get an emails and the staff can even do decorations in the airport to celebrate a particular event to elevate the hype since normally holiday Seasons more passengers will use the airport.

1 Like

Decorations probably add too big of a burden in terms of art for the game. But seasons, both in terms of weather and amounts of traffic, should be in the game. Some airports for instance have almost no traffic in the winter and are super busy in the summer, even having to hire extra people for a few months.

To copy from another thread, there’s been some discussion about seasons already, specifically relating to timescales.

It seems as though the four seasons will be simulated (one week each), and I hope that seasonal demand is also included (seasonal flights, peaks and troughs of traffic etc).

That said, I’m not sure if climate can also be simulated. There are going to be regions in the game, and of course each region has a different climate that may change what the weather will be like in each season (for example, winter in Scandinavia will be cold and snowy, but winter in the Mediterranean would be warmer and probably wouldn’t see snow).

Is it possible you could change the time and there would be a button where you could have 1s=1m, 2s=2m, 3s=1m 4s=4m? Of course, if you are an American and it is Thanksgiving, there would be a lot of extra travelers, but over in Russia there probably would not be.

Ryan, love the enthousiasm, but reviving 5 month old threads is not the way to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pderuiter It’s OK… He may be new.
@Ryan I think they will first simulate Local events such as Fairs, Showcases, etc. It would be easy to simulate the local festivals.
The Devs would just define an event named ‘festival’ in which more passengers come.
That event may be presented again and again in different names such as Thanksgiving, New Year, Diwali, Christmas,etc. The events could be randomized every time by using Random () Functions. Things that could be randomized: Passenger Increase (%), Duration, etc.

Note: I have never coded on Unity. Just guessing the logic from my Java knowledge

Reviving 5 month old threads is the way to go if you want to discuss the same topic, otherwise all the old opinions get discounted…

3 Likes

Didn’t know it was a crime to revive old threads. I think @anshu1605 had the right idea, by just having something like festival, or a holiday, where more people would come to the airport. Maybe time would be a little slower while the event was happening. Weather would also be a problem, so I kind of count a Blizzard and Severe Outbreak as an event. Also, I am pretty new and was not in the forum to discuss these threads back in september.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.