Translate the game?

For now I think devs can just do some bug fixes and other support like multi language. New features can be pushed back a little bit as it is already very amazing now.

Couldn’t the community help with localization?

we can translate, but if the code doesnt use it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is multi language support really that important at this point? I’d rather it come when the game is nearing the end, so the moment when we’re just sorting out the manual, the glossaries, etc.

The problem is that it will be a considerable effort to get the code multi language. And the more features get added, the more work gets added :slight_smile:
So i agree it shouldn’t be right now, since people would like at least some new features after release. But they shouldn’t wait Too long, or the work just gets more and more.

Personally i would make an unannounced start, i.e. the main menu, get a feel for it, then with every release convert a panel, etc. Then after a few months: Boom, multi language.
Personally i would give certain modders a heads up though :smiley:

I’d rather we have an unofficial GDocs/GSHeets, have the words as is on the left, then people can just translate themselves, and when it rolls out, we just copy paste.

I know what you mean, but i think we should be careful harnessing the community’s time for something that may be a long way off.

Devs,

I am available to help you translate the game into Portuguese of Brazil if it is of interest.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums CEOBrasil :slight_smile:

When the time comes for translating, i’m sure we’ll put out a call for volunteers :smiley:

1 Like

Even there is no translation at this time, for reasons, but I personally think, that the translation of the manual and the glossary are more important than translations of every item because you can get a clue what something is about, but when you don’t know how to use something, then there can occur some major difficulties.

I can translate the game in French !

1 Like

Hello everyone, can I participate in the translation into Russian?!

2 Likes

I’d like to do the Chinese translation if you need:grinning:

1 Like

Do you receive reply regarding translate?

Multi language support is not part of the game yet, please read Olof’s comment at the top of this topic for more info.

Just checked and language support is not part of the feature request voting yet, so could be added maybe? But I don’t know if it is an option to add it as a feature request, as it is probably part of the core of the game and maybe not directly a feature in that matter (not a programmer). You can try to add the request and see what the options are.

Which request do you mean?

You can make a topic here: https://forum.apoglabs.com/c/feature-voting
Once remote stands, multiple stories and more turnaround services have been added we will be able to vote for new features again.

1 Like

Tnx) This game interesting for me, because I work in airline :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.