UK Air- The UK's national carrier

Airline Name: UK Air

Airline Description: UK Air is the national airline of the UK. Starting life in 1938 as British Air Services, it was sold off by the government in 1988 to Airline Management Services who renamed it UK Air and gave it a fresh modern look. Today the airline is still run by Airline Management Services and is one of the biggest in the world- Operating a fleet made up of 226 aircraft (30 A380s, 17 B777s,(both for long haul) 43 A330s,(for medium haul) 113 A320s and 23 A319s (both for short haul)). It operates a hub and spoke model- with the central hub being London Heathrow. It’s frequent flyer rewards system is called “FlyMiles” which entitles regular customers to rewards such as free upgrades and priority boarding.

Airline CEO Name: Matthew Fair

Airline Design Image:

12 Likes

might want to change the name to copyright as it was a airline 1880-1998 then was renamed KLM uk then to KLM Cityhopper

Please feel free to tell me your opinions of my livery and logo!:+1:

Yeah, there might be some infringement but i doubt it would be a problem, I would like to see Air Yorkshire however!

2 Likes

I like how the flag is displayed on the plane. it is very good that it is not just straight lines. the curves do look good.

1 Like

Thank you! :+1:

Has anyone got any name suggestions as I’m in a bit of a crisis :+1::grimacing: The Devs have said that AirUK might have copyright issues and my alternate FlyUK is the name of a large virtual airline on FSX so might also have issues! Any new name suggestions then?:joy:

Briair -sound good to me. Or try Discord, someone there might help you out.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why the use of aircraft types (Airbus, Boeing, etc) is legal, but not the use of airline names?

Oooohhh- that is actually a really good question!

This is really one of the best airline designs. Good luck in the contest

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

How is it going with the name ?

Still thinking about it- I like yours though!

maybe UKAirlines haha

Right, I did it! AirUK is now UK Air. Hopefully you all like it just as much as the original! :joy::grimacing::+1:

its a great logo - nice work

1 Like

Thank you very much :+1:

You should give air Yorkshire a crack @gobarn! :+1::joy:

Oh gosh, NO! Well maybe, It would be a tad hard as i’ve never used phohoshop before now and my free trial of adobe photoshop has expired! But maybe, just maybe.

1 Like