Update/Add more retail and cafe opportunities

Feature request title:

Add more retail and cafe opportunities.

Description:

I would love to see more variety in retail and cafes.

Retail - would be great to see new shelving types, counters for make up / perfume, clothes rails Etc stock rooms could be added.

Cafes / restaurants - at the moment I believe the current set up is based more on a grab and go. Would be great to see variety so maybe a proper restaurant with kitchen space and waiters delivering food etc. Fast food outlets, so no fridges just counter space and a kitchen behind.

Others - airports feature many more retail than news agents and duty free, how about currency exchange, make up shops, win a car stands, arcades, hotel reservation shops. Tourist info, clothes shops etc

Why it should be implemented:

More opportunities to get money from your travellers, both in departures and arrivals. Will help fill the terminals and give passengers things to do rather than just sit.

Agreed, we need more types.

1 Like

Agree… and be able to have multiple of the same. Once you open one successful franchise profitably for a few days, you should be able to then open another of the same franchise (could simply be numbered like “Cuppa 1” “Cuppa 2”).

Thinking of multi terminal airports here also segregated areas.

Slightly off topic but there needs to be some improvement I think in staffing. Even with short walking distances, shops and food often close for an hour or more during middle of day during staff change over :frowning: then the issue of they all stamped initially to the ONE which opens first if they are all waiting for a facility to reopen at start of day or during staff shift change

Oh and customisable opening hours :wink: night flight customers crave their food

2 Likes

Can we have a little more choice in the smaller category please? I get two one-star cafe franchises and one two-star. I could do with at least three in each of these two categories to put into my smaller terminals and Check-in halls in the larger ones, and would like to do this without resorting to mods…

1 Like

Agreed - particularly when you start out with franchises there’s no need to go above 2 star until you start doing medium flights.

Once you have a large airport, I also prefer to have a few smaller shops/restaurants spread-out in the gate areas rather than a single large one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.