Whats the point of Baggage Security?

Got this game over the weekend and have been enjoying it. I hit the Baggage Claim part and I have to say it was very difficult to figure out from the tutorial, but, found YouTube videos to help.

I notice a lot of complex baggage security scanning setups but, I can seem to find a reason why these are important in the game. Is this going to be something in the future?

@syphon Yes baggage can be a bit of an issue. Glad you found some videos to help.

As @gobarn has said you don’t need to set it up, but it is a requirement of accessing three star and higher flights from the airlines. Without it one and two stars are all you can schedule. The dev’s have said though that this will change in future though so watch this space. :thinking:

I understand I need a simple baggage setup, the question is more around the security scanning of the baggage.

It looks like if I get my baggage system actually working (think I figured out what I did wrong and will fix it when I play tonight) I can get three star airlines, even though I have not setup security scanning on the baggage. Is that correct?

As of now, yeah, security screening has no in-game affect. It is fun to build a highly intricate baggage handling system though. Only to find

A. It works beautifully
B. Somehting somewhere messed up and you’ve no idea why
C. The satisfaction when it arrives and departs

Dev’s have indicated that will change and welcome to the forums too :grinning:.

2 Likes

Awesome appreciate it.

1 Like

Here is my working baggage security scanning system that works smoothly. Hope this helps

1 Like

Compact. Can handle as many Cargo Bays as you like. Uses only one each of all scanners for all checked-in baggage. Blue circles are tilt trays.

Click to embiggen.

It doesnt really do anything, Just something you should mess around with! It is really fun and when late game is approaching there is no real reason to why you shouldnt. It is just fun and you will also get an international airport. (Small airport > Local airport > International airport)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.