Zone being deleted creating huge freeze / game crash

Hi,

With the latest updates, my zoning disappears randomly causing huge lag spikes or game crash as all pax are confused and do not know how to reach their plane or leave the security zone. Moreover, I can’t place any luggage or staff zoning, otherwise, the game just freezes, crash or I can’t use some building tools anymore.
This issue also creates huge demand on my CPU as you can see below. ACEO alone took nearly 78-82% of my CPU usage

1 Like

Hmmm, that doesn’t sound good… Did you bug report it? If so, please report the bug report nr here so the devs have a reference to look for.

If anybody else experiences the same issues, please also bug report it and let us know here with the bug report nr.

1 Like

Yes, we are aware of this issue and have seen a few reports on it but have yet been able to reproduce it locally. Can you tell us exactly what you’re doing to break the zoning?

1 Like

I did report it several times as it appeared in different ways.
My last bug report was something with 2 and 0 (don’t remember the exact number but it was something like 20220)
@Olof Before I reported it, i was trying to add zone staff in my airport and a baggage claim area. After I placed a first zone, the tool just crashed. I ended having a green box on my map (the zone selection tool), being unable to use or even select zoning tools or delete current zones. Sometimes, after those lags appeared, other zone just disappeared.
Currently, I don’t have problem as I emptied my airport from planes (cancelled them all). All zoning tools without exception are working fine.

1 Like

Yeah, go it. Something we need to look at next week @Fredrik! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have been having this problem too and I did sent a bug report sometime last week (but I don’t know the number). I found that if I keep close and reopen the save a few times, it automatically fixes the bug with my zoning. However, this also sometimes affects the airplanes and staff pathfinding instead of the pax.

I have been having similar issues on occasion. I have noticed if I pause the game and build/zone the freezing does not seem to occur.

Just had a much more strange issue where after building a restroom, I selected the room to open it and the game froze. What was odd was my screen went blank and then the monitor displayed “No Input Detected” and went to sleep. I couldn’t recover it and had to turn my PC off. I can open the save back up and submit it as a bug report, not sure if there are any other associated files I can send separately that would help.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.