Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Have you divided these areas by terminal? Also, having an intersection mayhem like that, i.e. multiple small lanes merging directly onto a main road and especially onto a tunnel intersection can really clog up your traffic during high load. Ideally you want to branch off your vehicle interaction areas a bit and not have them merge immediately onto main roads as that’ll allow for some traffic congestion without blocking the main road.

1 Like

Yes, all depots assigned to terminals and roads are restricted to not allow catering vehicles to even do the long trek. They still try to go to a further location.

Can I check does a depot (catering or trash) need to be assigned within a terminal area or are they unaffected by terminals? (I have the parking structures terminal zoned)

No, they are unaffected and instead the system distributes fetching based on a bunch of different variables such as distance to depot, available food and number of vehicles approaching the depot. I was just inquiring as to the assignment of the catering trucks, as they can of course be assigned to terminals.

1 Like

I have 2 issues i sent in bug report on at the weekend.

1. Unassigned flight that are international will not be set in flight planner because it says they are domestic, example Oslo Norway to Italy is said to be a domestic when trying to place the flight.

2. Restaurants are working fine but target in shops are never met.

Did you activated realistic international stands or and Schengen visa rules?

1 Like

Summer sale means new players and new valuable reporting data! Here are a few more fringe case bug fixes in 1.0-24, on the experimental branch.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-24

Bug

ACEO-44071 Service vehicle routes can on some instances for certain aircraft appear as incorrect

ACEO-44016 Remote aircraft boarding procedures can in extremely rare instances consider arriving passengers as eligible for boarding and cause remote boarding procedure to extend to max time

ACEO-44001 Needs update system can in rare instances poorly take into account update frequency if person amount at airport is very low

ACEO-43950 Catering trucks can in very rare instances park on top of aircraft nose

ACEO-43891 Immediate index increase in room fetching algorithm can in very rare instance cause some rooms to have significantly less passenger interaction without an apparent reason

4 Likes

It was the Schengen visa thing, just started playing after a break so didn’t know about that. Thank you

2 Likes

Appreciate the efforts on the remote boarding timeline. Interesting reason behind it :slight_smile: thank you!

3 Likes

Rolling out another quality of life update again for the experimental branch, 1.0-25:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-25

Bug

ACEO-44147 Certain baggage contents not always localized correctly

ACEO-44143 Loading during de-icing procedure can in certain rare instances cause the de-icing job tasks to be temporarily abandoned

ACEO-44141 Supplier discount not clearly highlighted in contract panel

ACEO-44138 Few minor notable locations have incorrect region values in airport database

ACEO-44135 Missing localization key for generic.key.objects message in rare instances displayed

ACEO-44126 Terminal quality rating can in extremely rare instances be displayed as "not a number" causing other rating calculations to fail

ACEO-44113 Small stand shows incorrect airline dropdown when enabling commercial flights

ACEO-44078 Missing localization key for generic.key.object-must-be-closed message

8 Likes

Two minor glitches which could be partly due to my large “maxed out” airport across two large terminals on a large size map

ACEO-44171 - “Not enough transit structures” and car parks/road transits barely used by vehicles.
Car parks barely used at any time of day, hardly any road traffic serving transits, yet the queues are still minimal with sufficient metro transits. Possibly a balance situation for larger airports with multiple terminals? The road traffic and parking is even less than a tiny airport I made with 7 small and 3 medium stands in use.

ACEO-44172 - staff pathfinding failed, maybe made worse by my complicated staff room in the example, with doors and walls cutting it up and leading into security search areas for different secure zones. Experimenting with alternative layouts but struggling to avoid path find issues.

I have just noticed that on May 27, 2020 you have announced the new Cessnas. Will they come “this year”?

They will come! It just haven’t been the top priority :slight_smile:

1 Like

And what kind of new aircraft types can we expact? Maybe an A220, Boeing 737-700 or even an Russian jet? Would be great to have a DLC with classic and more modern Russian jets like the Tu-154 or the IL86/96! :wink:

Officially announced during the dev blogs last year but still missing are:
A221, A223,
Cessna 205, 206, 207
S2000
PC12, PC24
LJ75

Everything else seems to be unexpected… like the vintage ones. :slight_smile:
But those announced ones I would expect for free in the default game.

4 Likes

Russian planes are not held in high esteem here. Tu-144 appeared only due to the fact that it was decided to make a marketing move towards the release of the game. Not only one the Concorde in the DLC to show off? ))

I would love to see the currently active used Russian planes as well like the SSJ or some Ilyushin.

But I know how many months Rubble works for just one plane to get them out with a great quality. And the list above was made a while ago, so it’s not easy just to squeeze in some Russian planes. The plane pics in the devblogs were never the finished ones. :slight_smile:
I still keep my confidence that we get at least one somewhen when the current list is released.

I don’t judge anyone. Just stating a fact. The same Vickers VC-10 was produced in 54 copies, and the IL-62 in the amount of about 300. That’s all, as I see it.

By the way, I remember one moment of the flight on the IL-62 in 1984 or 1985. I was 4-5 years old. One woman with a child did not have enough space in the salon, and my mother gave up one of our seats, taking me in her arms. So we flew for 8 hours. ))

1 Like

Rolling out 1.0-26 on the experimental branch, last release before another default deployment tomorrow! This update features a new vintage looking stand type for the Vintage DLC.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-26

Bug

ACEO-44184 Vintage DLC: Airside shuttle bus has incorrect parking position when servicing Ford Trimotor aircraft

ACEO-44176 Trailers can in certain instances clip through terminal floor when parked

ACEO-44173 Minor typo in aircraft damaged hangar text

ACEO-44170 Aircraft can in very rare instances initiate startup sequence twice causing unexpected behavior

ACEO-44117 Extremely rare taxiway connection exception in startup sequence can cause stands to appear disconnected

New feature

ACEO-44191 Vintage DLC: Vintage concrete stand(s)

7 Likes

Can normal aircraft operate on vintage stands? Can vintage aircraft still operate on normal stands?
Edit: Is there a small vintage stand?