Airport CEO Alpha 24.1-1 released

Can we not upgrade service roads atm?

Happened to me also, saved and loaded game and everything worked

Anyone else have FPS problems on like 1000 PAX already?

I think there are a few issues with 24.1 I’m afraid.

My contracts are not forthcoming at all. Had to switch over to stable to actually play. First time I’ve done that since EXP was made available so great job to the devs for being excellent work even on EXP branch.

What do you mean by stop growing? Rejecting a contract will remove it, so that’s expected behavior.

Both vehicles have been crafted by @Jettuh and are finished! We just need to allocate time to implement them… :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t reproduce this issue on my machine(s), what aspect ratio and resolution are you on?

This is an old and known bug, pretty annoying but doesn’t completely break gameplay and are removed when reloading the game if pax has left the world. But yeah, when we initiate our QA run as of the next development cycle for Alpha 25 we’ll fix that.

What specs are you on? Can depend on your airport layout too, the less complex paths (i.e. the more open areas you have) the less the path finding algorithm will throttle your game. This will get optimized soon.

What do you mean by forthcoming?

1 Like

I let the contracts system populate with three or four. I select or reject it. Then I don’t get any more contracts over those three or four and stuck at that. If I accept or reject, I’m down one. Repeat and another one gone, same. Then no more contracts appear or are forthcoming. I don’t get shown any more contracts with even trying regenerating contracts.

Regardless of how many contracts I let the system populate with, that’s the total amount I will get and then dwindles down to no contracts unable to receive anymore.

It would be very cool to implement these vehicles in experimental mode so it makes it easier to find the bug. :grinning:

What specs are you on? Can depend on your airport layout too, the less complex paths (i.e. the more open areas you have) the less the path finding algorithm will throttle your game. This will get optimized soon.

I only do difficult airports, you should know that by now ;).

Can we get the Queue count / FPS in a mini-frame? (on CRTL F for example, that’s where EVE onilne has its stats window at).

Specs;

Speccy64_2017-12-21_23-18-20

I can’t reproduce this issue on my machine(s), what aspect ratio and resolution are you on?

My game is windowed on;

Airport CEO_2017-12-21_23-24-52

1 Like

Haha, oh wow… well, with an airport layout like that I can imagine why the game client struggles. We have as I mentioned planned new tech for the path finding system that we expect to have a notable impact on airports like this. We’ll begin work on that after the contract system overhaul.

Press F10 and check the left side column. You have a lot of data to check there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Press F10 and check the left side column. You have a lot of data to check there! :slight_smile:

Yeah, but you cannot game on with F10 menu open ;). I would slow down the game if queue count would go up. Now it can rise above 200 queue count before I think; mmmm, all kind of people standing around on edges of the secure zone, think I have queuing on pathfinder.

Booting full screen now, lets see how the FPS behaves now; as expected, the game is much faster with a higher FPS on the game, same goes for EVE online clients that are full screen. Problem though; I monitor a lot of stuff while playing the game, and minimizing the game all the time is very annoying.

Olof, When are you going to activate Modding on Steam? so people can share the actual airline file and create them.

No of course, that’s true, might need a dev overlay. We’ll see what the new UI brings.

The first thing we needed to test was that modding is actually viable and that our system works which I think you’ve, as a community, indeed proved. We now need to implement the Steam Workshop API and a few new UI functions to fully support seamless mod and save sharing. It’s on a high priority list but contracts and path finding performance is more important, however we’ll try to run it as a side activity next to the UI improvement epic so that we can roll it out as soon as possible. I won’t give any hard dates though as we first need to asses how many hours it’ll take.

All right, I understand. Well I recon that your OS is giving your windowed applications a lot less processing power… not sure how much we can optimize for this. Anyway, the more we optimize the game in general the better it’ll run in windowed.

1 Like

We’ve made some thinking progress on the corrupt saves bug and will implement a few more logging features for 24.1, i.e we’ll update that tomorrow and transition it to default then. Just FYI! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an old and known bug, pretty annoying but doesn’t completely break gameplay and are removed when reloading the game if pax has left the world. But yeah, when we initiate our QA run as of the next development cycle for Alpha 25 we’ll fix that.

Olof I actually send a suggestion via “bug reporting” about this. It occurs when stand is really close to vehicle depot. The cause of bug is that while deboarding, baggage truck left without waiting all PAX and all baggages be deboarded.

My idea was “Let baggage truck continue to load deboarding baggages until deboarding completes and it gives green light on stand menu”

Wouldn’t it solve the issue?

3 Likes

Every time that builders finish building something, they stand still like Zombie instead of going back to the room. ¬¬

Try to go into debug panel (F10) and de-select “simulate construction” and then select it again. See if that will force them to go to the staff room.

Is not working F10, they are still standing. ¬¬ "It would be cool to put some zombie flying blood and arms."

my major problem is about performance, my airport loads 2k pax but with a lot of lag.

I tried reduce the graphics quality but still the lags.

I loved so much the game, the best airport game in the world.

1 Like

Graphics is quite optimized at the moment so reducing the quality will probably not make much difference if you have a pretty good computer and graphics card. The issue is simply the amount of passengers and that is what we need to work on.

1 Like
    Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 24.1-1

Improvement

• [ACEO-2997] - Additional save logging implemented

Bug

• [ACEO-2996] - Saving does not warn if trying to overwrite existing save
  • [ACEO-2999] - CEO panel map not loaded correctly
  • [ACEO-3003] - Incorrect number of flights in contract description
1 Like