Airport CEO Alpha 30 released

Correct, you can see him in the dev blog as well:

looks amazing can’t wait to see it in game

1 Like

This is the first time that @Jettuh show us a picture of development without blur or smaller than 32 x 32 pixels :smiley:

9 Likes

it’s still quite small :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hmm, I’ve seen something like that before?, let me think now…

…yes, that’s it!..not the rocket, as that is mine :wink: (minmus probe), with the de-icer at hand.

3 Likes

Will we see multiple floor the weekend?
Even though it might be full of bugs, just let us play with the new concept!

I really hope they can release Alpha 31 in the next week!

Though I really want them to take their time in fixing bugs and making it absolutely amazing, which I’m sure it is!

Hooray! Enjoy

After taking a break from ACEO for a few months, I’m now building a new large airport and wanted to share some thoughts - and report some issues, I’m dealing with.

First of all: THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING SOUNDTRACK!!! It’s great, perfect tracks, various styles, I really love it - and I hope it will be extended, in the future! :wink:

Being able to assigne vehicles to stands/depots is a great thing! And I really like the extensions of restaurant areas! Looks amazing and works fine, love it! Several other small improvements, I appreciate the progress this game made, once again!!

Nevertheless, there are some bugs or misbehaviours I’ve noticed:

-PAX are standing around, far away from anything. Fully equipped airport, but a dozen, or two, PAX are standing around at an (unsecure) area far away from anything and doing nothing. Of course, they are late at boarding, finally…
This one is really annoying, as I’ve bug-reported and mentioned already in Dec '18, here Airport CEO Alpha 29 released - #143 by sirhc80 , and it is still not solved…

-At my gates which are most far away from security checkpoint, there are always PAX late. When tracking them, I find them on the other side of my airport (in secure area), far, far away from their gate. As any facilities needed are available nearby their gates, there is no reason, why they are running around at the other end of my airport. nearly every flight at these gates is affected, at about 3 to 15 PAX per flight are extremely late.

-When single (late) PAX arriving at boarding desk, they stop for a while, about 2-5 seconds, a few tiles in front of boarding desk, before they start boarding. looks weird and worsens delays.

-After playing a while, like more than an hour or so, PAX and staff are starting strange behaviours. staff doesn’t reach it’s job in time, large amounts of PAX don’t arrive at my airport and/or don’t check-in, don’t go to security. My process monitor looks similar to this: Airport CEO Alpha 30 released - #189 by StarshipUK
Save and reload solves the problem.
If I ignore it and go on playing, after a while ALL PAX and ALL staff stops moving and freezes.
Save and reload solves the problem.

-GA isn’t refuled properly. I have one fuel truck per GA stand and enough fuel, but every week, or so, one GA-plane complains about not being refueld.

-and, finally, a very, very old problem: planes are still not sent away but waiting for late PAX, even if setting is made to send away.

I read a lot about progress and what I’ve missed, but it’s very likely, that I missed some topics, so please forgive me, if I’m mentioning issues, which are already discussed.

But I would be happy, if the community or devs could give me an update, if these issues are already known and/or worked on.

2 Likes

-GA isn’t refueled properly. I have one fuel truck per GA stand and enough fuel, but every week, or so, one GA-plane complains about not being refueled.

That is because the fuel in the truck is not kept full, so, if the truck fills a few planes, and it fills the last one with just the leftover, you get a complaint. See the flight-planner of commercial planes for a reference.

Sounds like a bug. I have never seen a real life aircraft do that… (;

Ok so I just had an epiphany with this one. I did not realize that very few GA planes will require JetA1. Maybe check to see if you ever get a flight like that. After I started assigning JetA1 trucks in addition to Avgas to my GA stands, those notifications stopped completely.

1 Like

Really? So we need a few “random” jet A1 guys near GA stands.

Yeah, I’ve been caught out by that one too a few times.

1 Like

Yup, found this out a while back, a few of the GA aircraft appear to use jetA1. I have 1 jeta1 truck and have mo problem now (for about 10 ga stands)

1 Like

We really need metadata about satisfaction values; then this would have shown way earlier.

If I remember correctly it is the new GA plane that was introduced a few months ago which requires the concrete runway. I don’t remember what the name of it was but it’s called the Vestra in GTA5.

Thank you for the update.

Are we getting a devblog today?

Really looking forward to some updates on the timing of the new features

1 Like

Well, unfortunately we can’t both crunch and deliver a stable version of something that’s very unstable… :wink: - but good progress is being made on all fronts and will be detailed in tonight’s dev blog!

If you ask nicely we can invite you to the internal branch. Drop me a PM! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed post, will have a look at it all…

… as we really need to look over the game-play aspects of the game moving forward from these large features coming. There are a lot of ties to tie together now with more content coming in.

Edit: As we want to make some more progress on a certain feature, the devblog will be out later today (Tuesday).

8 Likes