Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

In my game I make small staff rooms for staff and ramp agent at all stands, close to boarding desk and close to exit to stands. They are supposed to go to the nearest but they cram all up in to one small staff room. I also get message that passenger can’t check in on every plane checking in. I have sent in bug reports on this.

Facing the same issues.

Have sent several bug reports too.

All bug reports ‘not reproducable’ or ‘duplicate’.

No reaction on referring forum posts.

Seems as if nothing will be done, about this. :frowning:

Will the stairs be as wide as the escalator or smaller (Or modular)? Also, is it possible to make them one way?

You can drag over those

Remember the elevators in Duke Nukem 3D? that were 2D elevators on the maps, that worked well.

1 Like

We already have the stairs in beta (steam). Was wondering when the catering, trash, etc. would be implemented, smh we’ve been eagerly waiting for ‘a taste’ of it for what feels like ages already!

Where do i report bugs on the beta testing? For some reason my security scans luggages while standing directly on the floor above it (I installed my luggage scanners in the basement, yet they don’t walk all the way there.)

@btojeiro On in game menu there is a button called “report bug”. You can use it to report issues to developers directly

Was wondering when the catering, trash, etc. would be implemented, smh we’ve been eagerly waiting for ‘a taste’ of it for what feels like ages already!

8 Likes

Did the devs not say they would push the new services at the end of the week when alpha 31 goes to stable branch!

1 Like

I think they did, once they release default Alpha 31, and just after it Alpha 32 on exp… I also think they said before steam summer sale… (June 25th)

I think multiple floors should be researchable rather than just build, it would be a lot more interesting! :grinning:
Cabin cleaning, garbage should be researchable as well.

1 Like

Agreed, perhaps in stages similar to baggage Services

1 Like

Better yet, requring 3-stars or more contractors ‘expertise’

Does someone know how to fire ramp agents stuck in service vehicles ?
Or should I just fire them all and get new ones ?

I would anyway suggest a rework of the research tree, at the moment it’s not really appealing and quite easy to get (for a while now i’m play in the hardest mode and i know how to start a game to easily get the 4 zones unlocked + all the techs).
I would prefer earl_of_arland’s idea. You can build it, but only with the right contractors. This would be more “life like” i would say.

This has been by far the best update so far and also extremely smooth. Nothing game-breaking, serious or even annoying in terms of bugs. That internal testing really paid off. Really good work.

Now what we need are one-way stairs/escalators and one-way doors to separate arrivals from departures.

3 Likes

uhm the way they are set up is that the sprite can be used to make various variations for the width :wink: so up to Fredrik to decide how they are mirrored (same for escalator, which is mirrored) and how many of them.

One thing I can tell is that they are slightly shorter than the escalator

2 Likes

Now what we need are one-way stairs/escalators and one-way doors to separate arrivals from departures.

Totally agree with that but I would also include 2x8 versions of them :blush:

3 Likes

Jettuh is the artist. He delivered the model to the devs (Fredrik, Olof), who must now develop and implement the code. For instance, when a pax/staff enters the Stairs area, the code must determine if the pax/staff is going up or down and set the appropriate data structures…

2 Likes

Does someone else have this issue ? Even with 10 security gates, PAX always chose the same security doors, even if other work properly (i have no shortage in security agents and i’m even way above the shortage)

@dellonia I have it as well. Especially, given that with the latest Alpha, my Security Staff simply stand around and don’t work (see my “The Bug That Will Not Die” thread).