Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

I think I have you airport here, there are a few design issues. The toilets are incorrectly built here which are causing some issues:

As for the ramp agents in the basement, they have no secure zone exit to leave through which means they get stuck in the basement.

Other than that I don’t get any irrelevant notifications, solving these two issues had the airport running well. Very nice design, by the way.

Edit: You also have too few ramp agents.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d noticed my secure exit missing, sorted that one. :slight_smile:

I’ll rip the toilets out and rebuild it, see what happens.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback on the design too. The multi-floor has made such a difference to what can be done. This is my first go with sky bridges. The ramp agents are coming! :sunny:

2 Likes

I think the "multiple terminal " feature will be the surprise!

@Jettuh That looks alot better. Its exactly like my photo. It will also be nice to see that one way escalator into the game😍

I found a job task for a new feature, i’m pretty sure it’s something talked about 2 weeks ago.

I’m pretty sure this has been brought up with fuel trucks, but I suggest the same thing for garbage/cleaning trucks.

We need a slider to set when fuel trucks get fuel (I would like them to go at around 25% load, not 5% load) and also cleaning trucks, to tell them to go dump the bags at around 75%, not 100%.

There is a little bug, that when a cleaning truck hits 100%, and the cleaning for the aircraft is not complete, the next truck that goes to the aircraft starts loading garbage then leaves while the bags are still unloading. (You can see the little money numbers keep climbing while the truck drives to the depot, and the aircraft shows not complete.)

I’m not entirely sure how to set up a de-icing stand in the game, the way the taxiway and service roads connect are a little confusing. Can someone screenshot their layout for de-icing stands (small and medium please).

Thanks!

There are several bugs on the experimental branch relating to de-icing, we will however currently be prioritizing Alpha 31 on the default branch, just to let you know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can have service roads on taxiway foundations. Simply have a 5 tiles wide foundation connect to and from the pad and make a service road on the foundation.

Ya I know that, only it looked confusing at first, but I figured it out. I just haven’t had any small aircraft use the small pad since I built it. (Enabled and have a truck).

I haven’t built a large one yet because still working on the layout of the airport. Plus waiting for funds, hehe. I started with $1M not 2, decided to make it harder.

So far I haven’t seen the service used either, but I found out the fluid is very expensive. I paid 50k for a full tank!

OK I’ve seen it used now, when the temp was -2c. And there was a lineup, so I had to build a second one. When the weather gets cold, make sure you have enough spots.

1 Like

Is it just my game, like should i reload?
But i can’t find the big fule trucks at all? Only the small ones.

Thank you very much for thie update. Have a lot of fun playing around with it :slight_smile: However, I have two suggestions regarding cleaning services and catering.

Catering

I really like the small animation when the catering is loaded at the depot. I wish we could also see the loading of catering trolleys at the aircraft.
At the moment the truck looks a bit “blocky” when at an aircraft and I do not really see what’s going on there. Most of the catering trucks I know, have a platform above the driving cab and this one gets extended when docking at the aircraft. From a birdview perspective one could then see the trolleys which get into the aircraft or come out of it.
At the moment it looks a little bit like a jetway docking at the aircraft.

Cleaning

For smaller aircrafts (ATR, Dash, etc.) it might be good two have a second “smaller” option than a big garbage truck, for example just a van, where staff comes off to clean the aircraft. Could also be used for larger aircrafts, but then you need a stairtruck at the rear door.

These observations and suggestions should not be unterstood as an offense, just my opinion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would love this too, but as i understand it the biggest problem is to animate the aircraft door opening. That would be a very heavy process? That’s why the catering and stair truck and cleaning all have roofs.

2 Likes

I would love this too, but as i understand it the biggest problem is to animate the aircraft door opening. That would be a very heavy process? That’s why the catering and stair truck and cleaning all have roofs.

It is unfortunlety true :frowning:

1 Like

Hi all, I still have a problem in start the game.
Just after the game finish the loading, it crashed and return to desktop. Thanks.

For modding what would the catering and de-icing folder names be called? Like fuel is AviationFuelSuppliers

Makes little odds as long as they are in the Mod folder and have the correct code assigned in the JSON file.

1 Like

Try a reload in between.