Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

New day, new release! Alpha 33.4-0 is here:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.4-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-10994] - Overhauled floor tile merge system to avoid mip mapping and texture bleeding effects

Bug

• [ACEO-11568] - Selling fuel truck invokes potential financial loss of loaded fuel
  • [ACEO-18341] - De-icing trucks do not follow node based parking path when arriving to de-icing pad
  • [ACEO-18878] - Incorrect material on one way road arrow built inside terminal
  • [ACEO-18898] - Variable text on vehicle panel displayed in incorrect position
  • [ACEO-18912] - Incorrect room center point measurement can cause rooms to be considered as inaccessible
  • [ACEO-18920] - Incorrect and missing description texts for runways
  • [ACEO-18926] - Aircraft are not distributing correctly over available de-icing pads
  • [ACEO-18928] - Aircraft can in rare cases get stuck on de-icing pad due to behavior loop
  • [ACEO-18929] - Missing zoning of rooms invoked by player can cause pathfinder to stall as it gets flooded with attempts that are destined to fail
  • [ACEO-18934] - Airport logotypes not always properly serialized

New feature

• [ACEO-18876] - Implemented all winning designs in the vanilla airport logo contest
  • [ACEO-18886] - Bar stool
  • [ACEO-18954] - Various person pathfinding improvements to avoid pathfinding worker thread queue count overflow

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We’ve rebuilt a system which handles floor tiles and floor merging. This, unfortunately, causes floor indexes to be jumbled meaning that you’ll have very… interesting… floor designs if you’ve experimented with that. The good news is that you’ll only need to rebuild once and to compensate you we’ve added several new floor textures of various types.

10 Likes

Oooo can’t wait to see the new bar stool and vanilla logos.

1 Like

Really digging the new texture for the baggage bay :joy:

Edit: Mistakenly submitted a bug report without reading the “IMPORTANT NOTICE” section above, you can throw out ACEO-18957

2 Likes

Love the new floor tiles, much needed, and I hope it encourages people to place them down. It really gets me when people send screen shots in and it’s all grey!

Don’t like that my flooring is now all over the place and my nice blue flooring has been replaced with black tiles :joy:. Small price to pay for progression so I don’t mind!

2 Likes

Who is pushing/dragging who? :thinking: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

That’s how I’d describe it :slight_smile: I will when I have the time make a quick guide that shows this, but basically:

x = distance from left
y = distance from top
z = distance from right
w = distance from bottom.

That way we can produce “boxes” of text that will fit independent of string-length. Many ways to do it differently but this is what we decided on :slight_smile:

Press F5 when in the logo-selection menu. Thank me later :wink:

2 Likes

Also have some ghosts/gnomes taking care of cleaning, the airport certainly doesn’t offer the service

2 Likes

Is it normal that I can’t check Jira anymore ?

Yes, you can only check resolved issues (once they’ve been processed) on the Jira platform, you can however follow all of them that are in development via the Trello board.

Edit: Although I do see now that the sync system has broken down, looking into fixing it right now… :slight_smile:

Oh sorry, I missed that news, thanks for the info !

1 Like

I noticed a problem with the airplain pathing when using de-icing pads. I have setup like below:

Under normal circumstance planes move nicely between the de-icing pads. When temp drops, de-icing trucks will take their place and airplanes are using de-icing pad, everything still moves.

The problem starts when airplanes are in line for the de-icing pad and the temp is going up, and de-icing trucks leave the platform. So no service is delivered on the icing pads, but planes that had the de-icing pad in their path keep waiting to be serviced at the icing-pad.

This condiction stays until you save the game and reload, i guess that with a reload al pathing for all objects is recalculated, and the planes stuck before now are moving again to the runway.

I think that when de-icing pads are closed the pathing of the airplanes should be recalculated, so the plane knows it should not use and wait for de-icing.

If you don’t notice in time, this can completly block your airport and ruin any good rating you had with airlines, spinning your airport into backruptcy.

1 Like

Did you bug report this? Do you remember the number?

Did some tests around pathfinding of PAX by building quite a maze for them, but I must say that the airport is still running smooth and they all seem to find their way! :+1: :heart_eyes_cat:

Also did some long run tests with 1x, 2x and 3x the speed by letting it run at least a full in game day on all speeds, 3x speed even a couple of days to see returning behaviour. I don’t know if you made some changes to that but there is almost no difference. On 3x the speed sometimes the security is a bottleneck where between 1 and 20 PAX do not pass through security in time and miss their flight, operation is on-going so the plane just leaves on time. This is mostly when it gets a bit busier during mid-day, but it straightens itself out and its also not every time. 1x and 2x speed just runs very smoothly and have seen no issues at all. Tested on a Mac with the following setup for the test:

• 100% PAX operations
  • 3 x Large terminal stands with jetways
  • 2 x Remote stand
  • 2 x Middle security for PAX only
  • 5 x Small security for PAX only
  • 1 x Smal security for personnel

All the necessary trucks/cars/busses/etc mostly 1 on 1, so 4 busses for remote stands, 2 service cars, etc.

Speed test has been run on the ‘maze’ airport with all services enabled except bagage, that will be next. So even with all the extra complexity added in this release I’m very impressed by the performance, also on FPS level as I’ve not really seen any decay or issues! Only remark I have is the PAX piled on each other at check-in and security and weirdly enough huge queues with the busses and taxi for the PAX going home…

Of course this is just a ‘small airport’ with ‘only’ 5 large stands, around 1500 - 3000 PAX, but still running a lot smoother and without any issues on higher speeds. So a big :+1: for the devs!

3 Likes

I did not bug report this because it’s not a bug. And if i report it in game, this info would not be seen in the pic anyway. So i get a lot of this path placements, and it’s mostly from persons that want’s to leave the bathroom zone that you see in the top middle of the picture, And they want to get back to the Check-in hall that has no zone. But for some reason, the game always tries and wants to make a path to the secure zone. Resulting in a message about path finding. Happens very often.
PS: every passenger is waiting for check-in.

Very interesting read! Would love to check out the airport… support@airportceo.com! :wink:

The numbers on the green and red circle indicate which floors the issue is about, so they probably don’t want to get into the secure area but the area above (switch one floor up).

1 Like

Have more from the subway, and i’m seeing they want to go to the same spot?

Ohh okey, that’s interesting, they all want to go to a place on the floor above that i forgot to make as secure zone. But that means that if i do have a place up there that for some reason is not secure, by design, i would get a lot of this messages.

1 Like

About that, something is to be said about the incident tracker. When you open the incident tracker the view goes to a specific floor, but the floor selector in the bottom left corner of the screen doesn’t update it’s value on this action. this is shown on Megahenriks picture as well. (you can see it’s showing floor 0 as you see the baggage bay connection to the service round, and the value for the floor shown is “1”

Yeah, it needs some work for sure.

You’ve got mail! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes