Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Already submitted a bug report, but just FYI for others. De-ice appears to be broken in the latest update, when its cold and then warms up, de ice trucks return to parking, but the planes stay waiting for de-ice (or in line) causing huge traffic jams of planes and delays because the planes never stops waiting for deice. super excited that the passengers stuck in the terminal forever bug got fixed though!

2 Likes

found something strange yet funny. i was building a shop an moved a wall mounted shelf and made it clip a wall, the problem? can’t be placed on wall… can’t place a WALL mounted shelf on a wall :rofl:

not a bug, just something funny i found

I have been experiencing this as well. Have alsos reported on it

I’m a little sad that since one of the last minor updates you can’t put desks in the corner like this anymore (i.e. 2 desks with a 1x1 flower pot in the corner), since desk’s footprint changed from 2x1 to 2x2:

I’ve been building all my staff room this way, even in a new non-sandbox I started with 0.33, but now I can’t make the new room with desks aligned this way after extending the airport by another couple of stands. I think it’s time for me to restart the game again and change the way I build rooms. :slightly_frowning_face:

More de-icing fixes will be taken care of by today’s update, we’ve made some changes to how medium aircraft approach large de-icing pads (and the logic behind the selection) which is what’s causing all of the issues.

Regarding the office desks that is an intended change. We had a few reports with people who incorrectly placed their office desks towards the wall which caused tutorial progression to stall.

3 Likes

Um any news about the inability to name my airport?

not sure if bug or intentional but large planes sometimes have so many passengers that the Bording time is before the plane is even schedualed to land.

1 Like

We have no bug reports on that so no.

1 Like

Ok I’m going to try uninstalling a mod because it might be causing it

1 Like

After update 33.3.2 i had problem with staff

I tried to fire and hire again but they still do nothing :wink:

I have the problem above with one save only as i see. Any sugestion how to solve it ?

Solved?? : few save and load … after another load got same situation no staff at work

2 Likes

@Olof What happened to ACEO-17182 ⁃ ULD packing baggage bay ?
Is it still planned?

It was combined with standard baggage bay.

4 Likes

Alpha 33.3-3 rolling out now and should contain the final fixes required for us to get de-icing back to normal operation! :sunglasses:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.3-3

Bug

• [ACEO-16829] - Terminal floor texture overhaul
  • [ACEO-18688] - Aircraft can in rare instances when being deserialized on top of a de-icing pad without a de-icing process being initiated get deadlocked
  • [ACEO-18754] - Upper floor terminal possible to be built above de-icing pad
  • [ACEO-18761] - Unproper status of parked cars
  • [ACEO-18853] - Vehicles can get stuck underground if all roads are removed from that floor
  • [ACEO-18861] - CRJ 700 and CRJ 200 service vehicle paths not adjusted to new stand graphics
  • [ACEO-18869] - Aircraft can get stuck if it doesn't find an available de-icing pad

New feature

8 Likes

Ooo you can build the logos now

1 Like

De-icing as i see work preety well, but Aircrafts use only one of each size of de-icing pad. I got them 3x of each size pad and Aircrafts uses only 1 of each size :wink:

1 Like

There seems to be a layer masking issue causing the mismatch, which will be fixed in the next update. Regarding the other changes we’ve replaced two mat textures with correct seamless textures (the previous one had visible edges) and aligned the colors with the rest of the game’s palette. As for most of the wooden textures, concrete and marble they are the same as before.

Edit: Should also mention that we’ll eventually support more floor types, mats of various colors and such, we simply deemed the bright blue one to not be in line with the rest of the colors of the game.

6 Likes

Will be nice if all floors will be colourable with the paint brush. That will give alot of variation.

2 Likes

Thanks for amazing work on updates

I have a lot of bus stops, taxi ranks etc. but there are not anough vehicles entering the map to get rid of the queues. One vehicle spawns every few seconds but more are needed. Is this a known issue?

2 Likes

Subways are your friends here :slight_smile:

4 Likes