Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Was wondering. Would it be possible to create a heatmap of passenger flow so terminal design can be improved? I mean, it would help understand how passengers move about in the terminal areas. :smile:

3 Likes

@ilios21 Fire all your janitors and you will see the passengers paths by looking at the dirt they left on the floor :rofl:

6 Likes

@HelterSkelter That would be extremely effective :rofl: but firing 60+ janitors would be a pain as well!

1 Like

The Re-hiring would be even worse :wink:

1 Like

@Rubble That is a nightmare I cannot fathom. :rofl:

1 Like

That would be a dirtmap, not a heatmap.

3 Likes

Also, why is there a need to connect check-in desks to baggage bays? Since tilt trays can be used to divert luggage to their destinations, I don’t really see a need for having to connect each check-in to a baggage bay. If we remove this feature more check-ins can be assigned dynamically based on their availability.

For example: I have two baggage bays. One for 5 medium stands and another for 3 large stands. So, if there are 1 or 2 non-functional medium stands, it would mean that a number of check-ins will remain unused or less likely used. If the assigning is removed, these unused check-ins can probably facilitate large stands also.

The vertical check-ins are for the 5 medium stands and the horizontal ones are assigned to the baggage bay servicing the large stands. Let’s say I have 3 A380’s coming in withing 5 minute intervals. So, I’d need 24 (as per @twocflyer’s calculations) check-ins. But as I only have 21, there would be a chance that 75 odd passengers don’t check-in. If the game is allowed to choose another free check-in from the vertical ones, that solves the problem.

P.S: Yes, I know it is a highly rare and probably unlikely scenario. Yes, I have a shortage of 2 check-ins from the required 44 needed to serve 5 medium and 3 large stands.

I do not have a clue as to how big a code overhaul is required to make this happen. I’m curious to know if this can be done and what the devs think about this.

3 Likes

I like that idea! The only issue I might have with it is that all baggage in the system would have to pass through the same channel. Right now there is no limit how many bags a conveyor belt system can handle and I don’t know if that’s to come but you might agree that it’s gonna look a little messy the more check-ins are interconnected.

I don’t understand what you mean by this. Do you mean to say that my idea would be messy or the existing one?

Currently the check-in desks already detect whether they are able to connect to a baggage bay, it should be possible to change it so that you still connect a stand to a bay, but that a check-in desk can just serve any bay that it is connected to

Look at it this way. If all conveyors from check-ins are made to converge, you’ll have one entry point of baggage, thus allowing you to build a baggage system that branches out to the separate bays.

Yes. Exactly. Checking for a conveyor connection is all that you’d need to determine which check-ins can serve which bay.

But that also means that thousands of pieces of baggage would have to pass through the very same point at a large terminal. That’s what I mean with messy. But as I said I like the idea in general. Maybe along with this there could be a limitation of how many pieces of baggage a baggage scanner can handle per hour or something like that so that there is a natural and yet realistic limit for each system.

1 Like

It is working fine here yes, we also have no other reports on this in the backlog from what I can see.

Are you on the most recent game version? Alpha 33.7-47. If not we need a bug report so we can run some forensics on your save.

This is planned for Alpha 35! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome 747!!! Love it!

Yeah, assigning check in to baggage bay is a bit of a limitation for me. would be cool to change that.

1 Like

with 8,000 passengers 800 staff around 50 stands (20 large 30 medium) game is using around 8gig of ram of the 16 I have, also getting around 15 frames per second running on normal speed and I have an 8core I7+ 1060 gfx card. My terminal design sucks mind so pathfinding prob having a hard time, will probably restart

1 Like

Yes. I have the most recent version of the game. I need help for the memory problem.

Question: I have floor 0, floor 1, floor 2. ¿I can install secure checkpoint in floor 2 and jetways (in this design jetways NO in the floor 1) ?
I want create the check ins in the floor 1. In the floor 0 restaurants, bars, shops, and baggages claims. ¿Is possible this design? Thanks.

1 Like

Except the jetbridge, all is possible. Jetbridge will be in floor 1.

Please file a bug report and let us kniow the bug report number here.

As for your second question I’m not sure I understand 100% but from what I can tell I think it’s possible.

We’re back with a little weekend update! Alpha 33.7-5 deployed on the experimental branch fixes the issue where once an airport is large enough passengers do not turn up for flights. This has been reported a lot and is something we’re very happy to roll out and test with you now.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.7-5

Bug

• [ACEO-19136] - Waring sign text on large stand reversed
  • [ACEO-19806] - Passengers don't always arrive at airport
  • [ACEO-19928] - Increase minimum thread clamp value to 4
9 Likes