Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Oh wow

4 Likes

I keep making googly eyes at the “Overhauled airport rating system” card in the “Ready for experimental branch” list on Trello… :eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Olof @Fredrik Did you look into my saves earlier? Somehow passengers still are not showing up for some flights at the airport.

Are you on experimental?

Yes. It looks like when i place more subways the passengers apear. There should atleast be a warning to show that you have not enough transportation to spawn the passengers.

5 Likes

The latest pathfinding update has created so many annoyed bugs and weird things that pax do that it is just astounding.

Template Saves:

Anyone else having this issue? I go to save a templet and it saves in the current loaded game/airport. I am able to select templates in the menu and it works, However, when I go to check the template save files on the computer, nothing is there. I then save the airport, exit the game and then load the airport back in again. The template is not saved and I have no templates showing in the menu. In fact all previous saved templets that I previously saved when it was working are no longer there as well… I have no templates in my save files.

Version 33.7-5 Experimental

Update: actually all the templates are saved in the game files (I was looking in the Steam location, not ACEO files, oops). however, They are only showing in the game immediately after I make them in the loaded airport. But when I save and exit the game, none of may saved templates are showing up still.

@Olof

I love the idea of baggage be able to be routed to any baggage bay it is linked to
I think this would work the same for baggage room for arriving baggage. The bag can go to any baggage return room it is connected too. So only need to connect baggage Bay to the stand.

On topic of the whole baggage discussion, I’m not sure how common it is to have a single baggage bay for both arriving and departing baggage?

At the airport where I work we have one massive system for sorting the departing baggage, and then 3 tiny systems that literally consist of one circle with half of it outside where we put the baggage and the other half inside where the passenger take their baggage.

It seems inefficient to me to have both departing and arriving baggage in the same area, when you the check-in desks and baggage claim aren’t in the same area.

1 Like

Perhaps an option on a future update would be to have a baggage bay similar to the one currently in the game, only it is setup for departing bags only and serviced from both sides. Same for arriving baggage, have a bay setup only for arriving bags and it can be serviced from both sides. Could possibly help speed up the loading and unloading process at the bag bays. I would still keep the current bag bay that is in the game as it would be useful for smaller airports and situations where you do not have enough room.

3 Likes

Hello again! A lot of work is currently being put into Alpha 34 but we’re watching your discussion here, elsewhere and the bug report flow.

Here’s another small update with a few requested fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.7-6

Bug

• [ACEO-19057] - Passengers can board large aircraft without a stair truck parked at stand
  • [ACEO-19074] - Vehicles can in rare instances caused by a very specific construction case get stuck and not reach final target
  • [ACEO-20142] - Low passenger ratio setting can cause a flight to generate zero passengers
  • [ACEO-20143] - Reloading a save during boarding can cause the boarding process to close
11 Likes

ACEO-20179
I’ve never seen deicing actually work at my airport and I don’t know why…

Where is your airport located?

1 Like

Newark, New Jersey I reach about 32F and am in winter

1 Like

Perhaps the temp map needs a look at then. I know IRL it can get very bad snow there. I had to convert temp too in my head :rofl:

1 Like

Like when I reload/rebuild the deice, I see the trucks try to go, but they don’t stay there, they just turn around and I’m like :thinking:

1 Like

Shouldn’t 2C trigger deicing?

I think it should but that’s one for Olof to answer what temp deicing starts at.

1 Like

De-icing is today triggered at 0 C.

3 Likes

May you can add a notice when player in warmer region are building de-icing that this is not needed?

2 Likes