Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Updates are awesome or as my friend puts it, radical

1 Like

As a result of the current ongoing internal Alpha 34 testing, Alpha 33 has some broken keys again which will be hotfixed in a little bit. Time for a dual version language database system…

5 Likes

Yes, definitely needed! The fixes are done and ready to be deployed :smiley:

3 Likes

Any updates on when you will address the high CPU usage when adding secure zones?

There are some initial fixes in for secure zoning in the latest experimental version, have you tried it?

3 Likes

Not yet will do some tests and get back to you.

2 Likes

Rolling out a new version now, same version number but contains a hot fix for the various broken finance strings! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can also announce that the internal branch is currently running the first version of Alpha 34, if anyone wants to get in on the testing you’re more than welcome to drop me a PM! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Olof I wrote you six days ago :rofl:

1 Like

I just wrote you @Olof :rofl:

Regarding the Keys: did also submit a few days ago ACEO-20392

Wrote you PM too :grin:

I did

Are we ever going to see some kind of “scenarios”? Similar to the “example airport” that you can see from the main menu, it would essentially line you up with a starting situation and combine it with a certain goal. It would be ideal if the players could also design some of these challenges in the long run.

Some examples:

• Start with a General Aviation airport with 8 stands
  • $500,000
  • Transport 5000 PAX (Within x game-days gives an achievement)
  • Start with a Commercial airport with 4 small stands
  • $800,000
  • Transport 10000 PAX with medium aircraft (Within x game-days gives an achievement)
  • Start with a Commercial airport with 8 medium stands with airline satisfaction at 40%
  • $100,000
  • Improve and hold airline satisfaction at >80% for 1 year (Within x game-days gives an achievement)

Do you mean the player will design there own airport, with say 8 GA stands and reach get or reaches $500,000, or is it a starting scenario that you start with 500K and have 8 GA stands.

What happens after you complete it?

For me I like the concept of rewards after you complete something, or through the tutorial. I would not like to see a set up scenario that’s like missions. That does not prove the point of the game. I don’t like simulation or building games with levels or missions, then deletes your progress after you are done with the mission. I want to keep and ultimately make my goal of having a large successful international airport.

Ps: GA planes do not have passenger counters, so have 5,000 PAX in (x) amt. of days is not possible, unless we get VIP GA planes in the game where we could build a whole separate terminal for them, and charter flights. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking::hugs::scream:

I would like two different things.

First scenarios: Similar to the tutorial, where you just get new tasks to accomplish once one is finished (and maybe even get some bonus tasks you can accept or reject). Of course it should get more challenging with time. It would need some story around it, you’ll start with the small airfield and end up with an international top airport.

The other one would be a single mission. You get an airport which isn’t running well. Lots of delays, everybody unhappy, bad layout, not enough employees etc., and it’s your task to get it going with fixed goals (for example passenger satisfaction 90%, airline satisfaction 85%, handly X flights/passengers a year, earn amount X per year). Once you reach those goals the mission is finished but you can still opt to continue playing as a free game. Maybe the missions could also have a deadline, for example you just get 3 years to sort things out.

Scenarios would also be good for DLC. Maybe add one scenario to the base game, add further ones later.
Missions of course could also be DLC, but opening them for modding would be the really exciting thing. I’m sure a lot of missions would then show up in steam workshop for download.

I’ve received several messages… those who’ve let me known their interest will be added tomorrow after the first internal update! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve sent in several bug reports describing the path finding/collision issues I have been having. I hope it helps. I tried multiple saves and I had issues with all of them. The more aircraft, the pathfinding issues are exacerbated. Looking forward to the next update.

No I meant as a sort of starting point. Similar to how @Gerwanese mentioned above. You start off with a GA airport with 8 small stands and $500,000 in the bank, and you are given a goal. Could be that you have to transport 500 PAX a day, or have transported 50,000 PAX in your lifetime or whatever. Completing the goal will complete the scenario, after which you are free to do whatever you want.

It will mean that you don’t always have to start the game with an empty plot of land, you could start from this preset airport and expand. At the same time it will give you something to ‘work towards’ and eventually ‘compete’ with other players; I managed to compete this goal within X hours.

Personally I have started building an airport from that empty strip of land a few dozen times, and have ‘perfected’ my strategy. There is no point in playing anymore. If we have some sort of scenario with different pre-build airports or constraints it will add challenge.

1 Like

I wanna ask if parked cars resets every time you load the game? I have right now about 4k passengers. But no parked cars. And may of my bus stands and taxi is overcrowded, and some have 0 passengers waiting.

I also wanna point out that if i press, I hate Xmas is the F10 menu, all the planes landing after that still have the hat. :slight_smile: So i can’t escape Xmas.

3 Likes

Did Staff not wear Santa Hats in earlier versions(Last year xmas)?