Airport CEO Beta 2 released

Oh apologies @Rubble I guess I didn’t look closely enough and it looked like damage. Needless to say ‘Tulip Airlines’ is still backwards…

1 Like

Yeah, there’s be a few issues with the Fokkers and liveries. They will get sorted :slight_smile:

On this Fokker-100 currently being serviced at my airport (Worcester International in the UK if you fancy a visit) the exhaust is on the left side of the aircraft. I should point out that i am playing on the Default branch.

Yeah, that’s not the correct side. I contract refresh might be needed.

1 Like

they might then not be in the secure zone - they will exit for services if they can’t find them close by.

Sorry to be a late-comer on the ground movements, but I agree with @jasperwillem that connecting stands to runways could be a nice step in the right direction for this. I know we used to say “just have ‘un-connected’ taxiway systems for each runway/gates pair,” but I have found this to be exceedingly difficult as we have progressed through the Alphas and now Betas, now getting more ground-floor-only items, which can be rather large - catering, cleaning, and now the maintenance hangers. I also agree that the connection of de-icing stands ought to be factored in, and maybe maintenance hangers? I just wish we could have on-stand de-icing, to save that precious ground floor building space.

Now, I am openly stating I am no gaming programmer, and don’t know all the ins and outs of what coding would need to be in effect to implement this, but please hear me out. It appears that every plane’s taxi path is determined from the get go, and it then cannot have it’s path crossed by another active plane. The ONLY time I see an exception to this is when crossing a runway. The action of a plane taking off can interrupt this. Now, please hear me out, but is there a way to implement this action in taxiway intersections, to have a more fluid ground movement process? IMO, the planes should just go and then do a “path check” about 5-10 nodes away from possible collisions, and that’s when its “stop” will be implemented. Sorry to be blunt, but this waiting for one… at… a… time… taxiing system is kind of crazy…

The final thing we will desperately need (sooner than later) is a taxi-into-position-and-hold function for taking off aircraft. This can greatly help the minimization of the plane queues. Now, back to my admittance of not understanding the ins and out of programming, but could one step in this direction be to have it work on take-off-only runways? That way you know a landing aircraft won’t be factored in.

I am at a point of just let-down because of the ground movement situation. I just can’t understand the rationale of letting the one-at-a-time taxiing process survive this long. Huge kudos to the creative peeps on here who can get it work with the larger airport builds - I try and always cry. Maybe I am too in-love with aviation to want to replicate realistic airport ops in this tycoon game…

3 Likes

Also, just got this screen when trying to load a game, with mods I have never had a problem with. Am I missing something with the new update(s)?

Did you accidentally switch off default businesses in the modding menu ? :wink:

2 Likes

Well, yes, because I have mods enabled… :wink: I even closed out of the mod menu and brought it back up again to see if, on the odd chance, there is a bug that would de-select your choices (not the oddest bug we would have seen from the menu), all before loading the save. Then I thought it was just a text thing, but nope, none of the mods would load on the airplanes, and the game just picked default liveries.

I will say, I mostly use my own mods, which are really others; from the workshop, but I hand-pick which airlines/businesses I want for each airport I am doing. Did something change in how JSON files are read, or a line of text in the mods’ JSONs for this?

@Olof, with the new weather stuff, are some things “placeholders?” I can promise you, as a Floridian, Orlando, Florida does not need frequent de-icing in the winter. You don’t need any. Half of the reason why I do builds in cities like this is to not sacrifice precious land on the deicing pads. Florida winter is a joke…

Question, in the new patch, was the modding menu not showing up fixed now? Was not able to play at all today, as in, did not have time to play the game, not that I could not actually play due to bugs

1 Like

Yes, this is currently a placeholder, and the weather data in Florida as well as all around the world will likely be enhanced soon.

Why, what’s wrong with Florida?

In general? So much…

In the game, it says it will need frequent de-icing in the winter. I can tell you they don’t, and the one day out of the year they wake up with a little frost on the planes, the literally “are going to wait until the sun comes up enough to thaw it.” Yes, it is a thing, and I have had several delays thanks to that method.

Why not add a mid game R&D for Runway assignment. I agree with the sentiment that in early game what runway an aircraft chooses is not critical. But when you start to have more departures and landings this becomes a major aspect of what you will want to manage. Especially during winter and de-icing. I think that that the standard, beginning system, should weigh in distance to active runway as well as queuing aircrafts at runways. The planes “chooses” the runway with the lowest accumulated value from theese two parameters. In Mid game, say somewhere between medium and large aircrafts you can choose to initiate a R&D project that will let you micro manage this aspect if you want. I’m thinking that if you select a runway. you can from the menu choose what gates will use it. A simple tick-box system will work. each box will be a gate that is connected to the runway in question. Ofc there will need to be some kind of warning if a gate does not have a choosen arrival or departure runway. (if the CEO unticks all boxes for example). If you don’t make any changes the airport operates as before, within the standard parameters. As Olof use to say, Easy if you like, Hard if you want? :slight_smile: Maybe the R&D can be called “Advanced Ground Operations”?

Side note, i think its viable to also connect de icing to runways to prevent aircrafts from choosing the “wrong” de icing stand.

In general? So much…

:joy:

1 Like

I agree. I kind of have always wanted this for runways and selecting their aircraft as well (and airlines on stands - for alliances/regional partners). I would love the option, in some of saves, to allow both movements for commercial, small aircraft, but only allow taking off for GA. Currently, its all for both, one for both, or non for both. Something like:

6 Likes

Does anyone have any taxiing issues where you notice something, you can’t exactly figure out what, is holding up aircraft? I don’t have animals enabled, and I find that I have to reset aircraft paths. This is usually with my morning rush, and usually, not always, involved small aircraft getting stuck behind an aircraft it has path priority over, somehow.

For devs, I reported this in bug 35107 - I used “small aircraft” in the title, but I find it with more. I think some arriving aircraft can override other aircrafts’ taxiing priority. Most of the time I like it, but once in a while, I notice it holding everything up…

Can we get a fast-key for copy/paste mode, now the templating is split?

Would it be possible for Medium/Large stands to be un-openable, without pushback trucks on the airport? Also a check for access to the security checkpoint could help.

35113/35115 ~ merging international zones on Checkpoints and Gates, still an issue.

New vehicles, without a assigned parking or depot, are assigned on 0.0.0, very weird lines then show.

Alt-Hover text do not disappear from screen.

Would it be possible to have all worker transit busses, to only spawn if there is actual demand? And disallow vehicles to enter the bus/carstop from a second lane.

Why are night flites automatically enabled for Stands? Same logic as with Security stations?

Why is zoning overlay active, when placing restaurants / shop zones?

Yes. The planes stop for me for no reason from time to time, like it can’t be decided which one should go first, the one departing or the one arriving. Saving and reloading pushes them ahead, but then some next in a similar situation will get locked again.