Airport CEO Beta 2 released

Thank you! It’s not just me. Please tell me you’re bug reporting it? They don’t do much unless it comes in numbers…

I just found out, you will not get a 3 star loan, when GA is disabled in operations panel.

I have zero GA stands, why then, is it essential to have General Aviation to get a 3 star loan?

Same with contracts. I suddenly have 4 star contracts now.

One of the black boxes in game.

Another one is the Airline satisfaction, its really low all over again, but I have no idea why! But it is costing you 25 to 35 flights per airliner. Which is a big problem, when running bank loans.

Can the Autosave Initiating, please cancel any drag you have active at that moment.

When shops close for the night, can they display a CLOSED sign on it. So you know that shops that are dark, without CLOSED sign, need a new contract?

Suggestion; move the terminal sliders from STAFF block, to the top, instead of over the build bar and under the Tooltip.

35122 - PAX wait for non build security station.

Anyone have had troubles with Catering Depot? It seems something was up. Ofcourse I thought about bug reporting it after reload :stuck_out_tongue:, because I was not sure… :wink:

Why do ALL contractors walk to the baseplate, when new items come in for building? I not just the ones needed for building?

Cars show on the top floor.

Summary

Do we have a 44 ornament for outside in game? ~ oh, we have 11 flowers.

My oil trucks are turning pirouettes at the Oil Station

Would it be possible to have the Taxiway Layer show arrows on Walkalators too? ~ Unbuild Walkelators are used by the pathfinder btw.

Does the Large Traffic tower have an offset?

I can’t do that on that specific airport. Though only 1 quarter of the map is unlocked there and just small airplanes airfield existing at the moment, it’s actually on a 1280x960 map.

Are there plans to rebalance the economy? Some elements about the economy ‘force’ the player to move in a certain direction and eliminates the purpose of lower tiered objects.

A case for the small stands
  • Grass stands costs $20,000 with $100 upkeep
  • Asphalt stands costs $30,000 with $67 upkeep
  • Concrete stands costs $40,000 with $57 upkeep

As the stands increase in quality they increase in price, but decrease in upkeep. This means that, if you run your airport for a longer period of time, the concrete stands are simply the only option because they are the cheapest on the long run and boast the highest quality. The grass stand still has a purpose when starting off, but there is no purpose to the Asphalt stand. To give all stands a purpose, I would propose something like this:

• Grass stands are dirt-cheap, maybe as little as $3,000, but they limit you to low star contracts and the airport infrastructure fee is 50% of the set value.
  • Asphalt stands have the same price, give you access to all contracts and 100% of the airport infrastructure fee.
  • Concrete stands are more expensive than Asphalt stands and also have a higher upkeep, but you get 120% of the airport infrastructure fee.

This creates a much bigger gap between the grass stands (literally just painted lines on a field) and actually constructed stands. You also have a significant financial motive to upgrade. While a concrete stand increases the airport infrastructure fee, the increased upkeep means it is only viable if you have a large number of turnarounds per day.

yes, loading of Mods is broken…

It is not really a placeholder, it’s just low resolution as we “only” have 10 weather data points for the entire globe at this point. Accuracy will increase as we add more weather stations. Please keep in mind that this is the experimental branch and that your expectations should be adjusted accordingly. I’ve also mentioned a few times that we will never be able to simulate 100% realistic weather as this is a very difficult technical feat since you can place your airport literally anywhere in the world, which you can read more about here.

However, which I also wrote in that dev blog, is that if you input your own weather data into the climate map with your airport’s coordinates it will be sucked in by the system and used for your airport.

We’re looking into it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, i made some tests, it affects only my native mods
steamworkshop is working, i also made tests with several different mods
and also decrease the mod folder from 264 native mods to just a hand full…
but none of them are loaded, airlines nor other business mods that working before without a doubt

1 Like

Some poeple on facebook report issues with launching from steam.

I had this problem over the weekend. I was fearing that I would have to uninstall and reinstall. I was able to overcome it by launching it from Steam while in Offline Mode. Then when I went back online it worked. I will note, since going to Beta, I notice a longer amount of time elapses before the game launches. Sometimes I find myself wondering if it is still working.

Just curious when we may expect an update? Or has a hotfix gone out without changing numbers? I really am looking forward to getting back to it when airplanes can taxi without freezing for no reason…

does anyone have issue with personal cars not moving into the airport map but just turning around at the start of the road and going back out?

are you going to deal with planes going over vehicles, and vehicles go over other vehicles, most annoying thing is to see a bus going through a plane taxing on the taxiway.

1 Like

What do you mean? Link?

We currently deploy updates on a daily basis and if we hotfix without changing version number it’s always announced in this topic.

This sounds like a reachability bug and I suggest bug reporting it! :slight_smile:

This is not something we’re prioritizing at the moment as we have more pressing issues to deal with.

3 Likes

Beta 2.1-5 rolling out now with a few fixes but perhaps most notably a fix for the dreaded issues with passengers prioritizing food and shop queues over catching their flight! More updates to follow throughout the week and hopefully a default beta 2 launch on Wednesday evening.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 2.1-5

Bug

• [ACEO-32249] - Passengers late or no-show for airside shuttle bus boarding can delay flight indefinitely
  • [ACEO-32250] - Passengers queuing for leisure activites do not cancel them when critical flight event occurs
  • [ACEO-34421] - Flight number text breaks line in flight information panel
  • [ACEO-34608] - Next arrival says tomorrow even if its the last scheduled flight
  • [ACEO-35032] - Vehicle lights visible through ground

New feature

• [ACEO-33727] - Built objects can now be moved via right click panel

Improvement

• [ACEO-35190] - Added settings in mods panel to set specific default companies to load
10 Likes

Yes, this is great! I wass wondering when this would be implamented… Can you make a new mode (Like terminal draging mode) when you can click on any object and move it?

What do you mean? Link?

Link to walled facebook group

Nice setting, and i can load again mods on new games, sadly not on my Modding Test Airports :frowning:
any idea? i can’t test my new mods :frowning:
@Olof i needed to go back to default branch, there i can load my livery test airport saves with mods…

yes. I have this Problem, when I have Carparks in my area.
the moment I build them they get immediately full. Staff, shortterm, longterm doesn’t matter. Directly full.
then the cars keep coming in the world but turn directly after entering.
When I delete all the Carparks, it stops…

I have the same problem as @dawed. There is no problem with downloaded mods, just with nativ mods and also just in save games. The only solutions at the moment to test a mod is go back to default branch or built a new airport for every test :thinking: :confused:

Yay! Looking forward to Beta 2 dropping on Default branch now… :smiley: :smiley: