Airport CEO Beta 3 released

I noticed the same with one of my cafes today, but it said ‘staff enroute’. After canceling the contract and starting a new one the workers came back

Exactly! The staff shows up eventually. For example when it is 9:00 in game when I load it, the venue staff shows up at 17:00 hours. They work till 0:00, go home, the next day they show up on time and all goes as it should. Kind of a bummer when you’re in need of money from those sales.

1 Like

Also the issue of whichever opens first even if by a few seconds, all the passengers stampead towards it haha

1 Like

They are eager to get some food after starving from 0:00 to 4:00 am :wink:

4 Likes

I had this Problem with GameSpeed x3… if I run the Game on Normal, they arrive Earlier… (Not always 100% on time though)

Haven’t tested it in the new beta Though

I’m having issues on3.2-4 with spawning contractors, I make the call, but no bus shows up. It seems to be the same issue I’ve had on beta version 2.2-3, see this topic: [SOLVED] Contractors do not work

Anyone else having this issue? Or know a workaround?

I have been having issue with contractors I have sent a bug report

I’m having issues on3.2-4 with spawning contractors, I make the call, but no bus shows up. It seems to be the same issue I’ve had on beta version 2.2-3, see this topic: Contractors do not work

So i’ve changed the original world entrance into both directions, instead of exit only and the first bus just spawned. So I’ve half of my contractors now, The other 68 if called are still waiting to get spawned. 5 reallife minutes have passed by, still no second bus.

noticed this too. oh, their server is down by the way so you can’t report it. Heck, isn’t beta supposed to be more polished than alpha. what a mess, and frankly I think it’s indicative of more systemic problem with Apoapsis.

It’s why at Newcastle Int’l in UK, the Greggs bakery stays open 24hrs :wink:

There have been added some massive new features in this beta, so bugs are expected. It can (and will) happen with beta/experimental stuff. I think it’s a bit unfair to call beta/early access games “a mess” .

Bugreport ACEO 37229

Auto planner doens’t work. First I thought it was just the real airliners that I added via mods but its also the airliners that are in the game.

Do you have your gates set to specific airlines?

I was having issues with the autoplanner running out of flights to fill things and it went away when i switched to having my stands be open to every airline.

Alphas are more focused on implementing new things and features (like adding a bunch of new planes at once or adding the lounges feature), betas are more focused on deep diving into code to fix bugs and improve on features (an example being switching from one fixed world entrance to multiple placeable world entrances).
And obviously youre going to dredge up a lot of bugs when you go to specifically find bugs. especially in computer coding where oftentimes fixing a bug will uncover another dormant bug or make an already existing bug more apparent.

3 Likes

We can crank it up a little towards the end of beta as we do more balancing but as this is still being tested we’re a bit hesitant, especially since one way to increase it yourself is simply to build more entrance world tunnels, right?

A good point and I do agree with no-fun, it’s very difficult to balance but exposing such a setting via the in-game UI kind of breaks the fourth wall and make the player very aware of the fact that they’re playing a game. If someone really wants to change the frequency it is possible via save file text editing and to me I think that’s a pretty good trade-off: It’s possible to change if you really want to but it’s not really meant to.

Can you bug report this save and let us know the number? There are most likely a near infinite(?) number of taxiway aircraft queue combinations which is why the current system in some cases cannot cope with very specific configurations - hence why we need to take a look at it first hand in the save.

I dropped you a response in that topic but I don’t think that’s your issue, there were quite a few changes to vehicle spawning in the -4 so something may have broke. Bug report it and I’ll have a look! :slight_smile:

We do not host or manage the servers that enable the bug reporting as that is run by Jira Cloud. In some instances, depending on Jira Cloud’s availability or your current network connection, reporting large saves can cause the connection to drop. In almost every case this is solved after a while and you’ll then be able to send in your report. If you’ve never been able to send something in then that’s a different issue we need to look at.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, this is exactly what’s going on. The large changes currently happening to the building and construction systems are necessary because of the large map feature. ACEO in beta 2 has issues with file save size and loading time due to legacy systems, something we’ve fixed in beta 3 which is why the saves are noticeably smaller and load a lot faster in this version. However, from a code perspective these changes are very fundamental and work very differently from how these objects were originally built and constructed which is why it affects everything else, i.e. all other systems such as zoning and construction simulation. We’ve also added planning mode as another complexity layer on top of these already large changes and while it’s something that may seem easy to implement, “just add another if statement”, it’s sadly not that easy. The same goes for the world entrance tunnels as correctly identified by @Isenderen, spawning vehicles in a way that makes sense for the game given the complexity of multiple terminals, passenger load, existing traffic load, vehicle pathfinding rules and so forth for a single entrance tunnel is one thing. Adding the ability have multiple of those entrances, that can also change direction (which we only added as per your request in this topic (but of course also because it make sense and was a good idea)) does make a complex system even more complex.

Beta 3 is the last large update with fundamental changes ACEO will recieve before it’s 1.0 release. The remaining betas, beta 4, 5 and 6, are all about a lot more minor and from an overall perspective balancing, feature adding and bug fixing.

5 Likes

Belt loader wrong direction ACEO-37251.

I’m also having problems both with construction and with them arriving/leaving the airport.

Cool :slight_smile: I have two questions.

1. Is there any plans to implement that medium planes can be serviced by two stair trucks? For forward and aft door. Before or after 1.0 Or it doesn’t make sense? Game wise.
    Had a bug tonight that I’ve sent in where pax are walking to the aft exit on the medium stand. And i really was missing stairs there :stuck_out_tongue:

2. In beta 4,5,6 will you also overlook the audio? Like volumes of the passenger sounds and engines, announcements and boarding beeps and so on. I feel like there is tweaking to be done. (Personally I really really miss the announcements in the terminals that happens when there are many people. Atm i only have crowd sounds.

Are the random announcements gone for now? Or am i missing something, because the only one that i have is the one that plays when a flight starts boarding.

Also it plays twice, if one agent is late, and plays again when the late agent arrive and start their task.

Someone wrote here about vehicles driving backwards. Now I got that too.
But it seems to affect only old savegames which have lots of compatibility issues anyway with the new construction system.
Or does someone seen that in a new Beta3 created savegame?

I saw that last night in my save i started on launch day of beta 3, but it only happened once and it was the first time i saw it.