Currency Format

Currently the currency is formatted in a (I guess) ‘European’ Style, with the currency symbol at the end: 123456$.

I’d suggest, to make it more natural to English Speakers, setting it like this:

$123,456

as it looks a bit messy at the moment.

1 Like

Not sure if it is European, in Dutch its like $ 123.456,-

1 Like

Also different currency symbols would be great (£,$,yen etc) unless this is already implemented

i guess it makes more sense if it’s like $123.456,-

The use of . in the U.K. would mean the point it goes from pounds to pence. Comma are used to break up numbers in runs of threes

Here we have €123.456,78 (same with €1.250.000,49).

Wow who knew so many countries use that format. Given that a full stop (.) typically indicates the end of sentence, whilst a comma (,) suggests there is more. €315,065.48 surely makes more sense than €315.065,48?!

Only to americans :stuck_out_tongue:

The comma depicts a remainder, as in a fraction of a number. What does a period have to do with fractions? :slight_smile:

But seriously, That is easy enough to add later on, The currency symobl is just that… a symbol. And the comma or period notation is not too hard to implement either

How dare you - I’m not American I’m from the UK :wink:

Well commas also have little to do with fractions, but I was just thinking logically a period would suggest an end or completion - the full whole number - a comma wound indicate there is more to come as it does in a sentence - it is literally a mechanism to create a break to aid with comprehension.

This is all kinda in jest - we get use to our own systems; it’s understandable.

3 Likes

Also, it happens to be called the Decimal point, not the decimal comma

1 Like

The British way is best. (I may be a bit biased)

In all seriousness it would share attention to detail if the Devs could add in an option after the release, but for now it’s fine.

2 Likes

This argument is hilarious!
Surely the best universal way would be this:

£123 456.78
£1 012 086.53

Using spaces can be understood by all!

1 Like

but still a dot for the change… :wink:

1 Like

Make a fake currency like Sim City etc… Lol

1 Like

cant…we’re going for realism :slight_smile:

Well…I’m still British, remember!:wink:

We will start with USD and maybe add the option to set your own later on

Maybe either USD or Euros?

1 Like

More importantly how are we using , and . ?!

For now: 100,000.99

3 Likes