Dev Blog 151: Businesses and contracts

Ah ok - GA inclusive?

1 Like

Doesn’t include GA afaik.

2 Likes

Has anyone notice that the Development Trello doesn’t have Fredrik anymore? I just noticed. It says [deleted account]

2 Likes

Um, no I have not seen that, what happened to him??

1 Like

I messaged him directly, but I have not got an answer back yet.
Alexander, Olof? Do you guys know what happened?

@Rubble removed hiself by accident not too long ago, might be a similar scenario.

1 Like

Oh ok

1 Like

The runway booking system and other stuff relating to that is complex and has as mentioned been sort of implemented, we have some more stuff relating to runways and flights in general coming in with Alpha 36 so we’ve therefor decided to pause the development of that feature and assess it further down the road.

Correct! :slight_smile:

Fredrik is still very much in the picture, no worries there, his Trello account was connected to an old e-mail and thus removed as Atlassian merged Trello accounts with Atlassian accounts. Though he is on paternal leave (sort of, still works a few days per week) his priorities is more related to actual game development rather than fixing infra stuff relating to accounts! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Though he is on paternal leave (sort of, still works a few days per week)

:anguished:

3 Likes

Please, make the range for the contracts modable or put the variables in an unprotected json file. I would like to modify how much an airline would pay as a fee for a landing or how much a shop would pay as a rent.
You cloud make your game easier or harder that way.

2 Likes

I’m not sure exactly what you mean? You want to edit the maximum and minimum values that the airline would consider?

2 Likes

Yes, that I would like to edit.

1 Like

But why? Then you‘ll know the pricing range and the negotiations are unnecessary ?!

1 Like

Good morning everyone,
i have a question - are the price negotiation ranges always regenerated or do i know them when i start a new game?

1 Like

Because I would like (for RPG) reasons to be able to edit the ranges / the price. Then, for example, I could alter local airlines that might agree on higher fees, because they get subsidized by the local government. Or the other way round. I could give the local airline a lower fee and could agree with Airlines from far away much higher fees, if they want to compete here with
Or just, I could tweak the game to be a) easier (all pay higher fees) or harder (a play through in a hard economy, bitten by Corona). There are many good uses for altering that values. And it is no effort for the developers, as they just have to place these values in some json / config files instead of hard coding them.

1 Like