DevLog 77: Steam Direct Update, Cleanliness and New Subreddit Mods

https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

Read number 6 part 2. That has not yet happened, so we are more than 2 weeks out yet.

:frowning:

That’s actually quite arrogant of them, assuming that only a Steam presence counts as advance marketing. The devs have been on a roll now for over a year with their own website, and the game is widely recognised and anticipated (for an indie game).

2 Likes

Did the Devs say that they had received an email from steam to say that they were one of the most popular indie games before greenlight was dissolved (think it was in a devlog way back)! Due to this previous popularity maybe the two week period will be waived!

You can hope. They had a popular Greenlight page for several months. They also have an active website, sub Reddit and global recognition by several people as being one of the most anticipated games in its category.

Hopefully they’ll utilise a bit of common sense and realise that a mandatory two week marketing period for an established and anticipated game is lunacy. The game probably does need a bit of a run-in on Steam (a few days with the trailer up and whatnot) but I think the devs have already demonstrated their ability to market the game.

1 Like

Steam should have more individual system in terms of marketing. And Steam should negotiate with devs about marketing and releasing ACEO. No title, which wasnt released on Greenlight, has fan base and professional devs like ACEO.

2 Likes

Maybe it is more individualised than it lets on. I can understand the need for a brand new game that’s just appeared out of nowhere to have a two week marketing period. If I decided today to launch a new game without having marketed it, I can see the value in two weeks of marketing. But Airport CEO has already had well in excess of this.

Ultimately, Steam want money. And the only way they’ll get money is to sell games. Mandating a two week wait period for a game that’s already in the public eye is a bit nonsensical. Hopefully they’ll see sense and cut this for a game that’s already been on Greenlight for months. (Indeed, the Greenlight page is still in the public domain!).

1 Like

I ment the devlog :grin:

I sure hope Vavle takes unto account all marketing sources, then we could have the game before the 2 week steam store page being public. It clearly will do well, and better probably than most direct titles they approve.

Steam is mostly an automated process with very little in the way of management by steam. Therefore I think it’s unlikely they’ll waive the two weeks. Either way it’s only two weeks, not like another two months. Besides, who doesn’t love two week hype trains that always manage to unexpectedly crash!

I think that you’re right. Moreover, let’s consider that 2 more weeks of under the hood work means less bugs and more polishing/improvements in the published version of ACEO!

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Airport CEO Steam Store Page now Live!

Guys, make sure to add a few tags to the game like builder and management, i couldn’t find a tycoon tag but these 2 should cover it. The more relevant tags you add the more it will be recommended to players who play similar games.

1 Like

Thanks, I just did that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m getting withdrawal symptoms, need my devlog!

2 Likes

Dev blog hypppppppe!

Website updated, but no devlog still