For those of you who are struggling with baggage!

Unsecure baggage claim now… It was a stampede to get their bags! hahaha

Thanks for the tips. Everything is running smoothly!

3 Likes

Have you adjusted their shift at all maybe? Idk

I just want to share this with you there who are struggling with the baggage belt. This system is setup for different check-in desk, baggage bays and baggage claim area`s. It works pretty smooth right now. I had a little issue that after the security checks the bags where pushed to the wrong baggage bay, but a second tray right before the baggage bay solves it by returning it to the system. Should be unnecessary but, very, very,very often it gets used.

Maybe it will help someone struggling.

4 Likes

Underground conveyor belt goes under the baggage bay and works fine if you need it to go on the other side

1 Like

Nice, thanks for that info. I have struggled with multiple bays in confined spaces and this will help routing baggage.

Some other tips - I mapped out my baggage route using dark floor tiles before I built it (only costs $1 per square). Then I had my entire baggage route planned BEFORE I installed the actual conveyors. It helped me focus on step by step installation and I was able to find the ONE piece in the wrong direction. Worst case scenario - hire all contractors, destroy all existing belts, and start from zero at the Baggage Bay. Costly but when I did that, mapped it with dark floor tiles, installed everything from the Check in desks to the BBay to the baggage claim it worked perfect the next time!

So first attempt at the baggage system and no joy. All areas are linked so check-in to baggage bay, bay to stands, bay to claim (all green). Luggage activated, ramp agents employed and service cart installed. Problem is service cart is stuck in bay with bay full of luggage. No agents are heading into the bay despite a sidewalk connecting to the bay. All areas set a secure apart from non-secure airport the sidewalk leads to. I also have this red warning… What does it mean and can anyone assist?

The pavements of the road can be used as secure pavement, just make a door in the baggage hanger and the termina and you are done.

The car can not be loaded, you have no personal in the baggage area, hire Ramp personal, 8 of them.

1 Like

This is how I solved it too :smiley:

As far as I see that on the right hand side you are missing a security checkpoint for the secure zone so your ramp agents cant enter it.

Now you mention it, I think his secure zone is there, but to small.

Size is irrelevant,every secure zone needs a checkpoint and a one-way exit. You can place the small checkpoint for staff areas.

2 Likes

no matter what i do, the baggage stucks in check-in

Not sure if you are having the same problem, but I had stuck baggage and ended up finding one tile of conveyor belt down the line was missing. I had to zoom in and follow the belt to find this, zoom out made it almost impossible to notice.

I have nothing like that

I have the same issue. Everything is connected, and incoming baggage from flight correctly flows to my baggage claim, but every bag on every check-in counter just sits at the counter and does not get distributed to my conveyor. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Try hitting F10 and unoccupying your conveyor nodes, that may free it up. Loading the save also sometimes frees them up, that worked for my problem just like this.

1 Like

F10 and clear belt nodes wasn’t working for me earlier.
However try to save and restart your game, that worked for me.

Thank you for your responses. Save and reload did not work for me but F10 unoccupying conveyor nodes did.

It seems that now I have found issues with other aspects of the baggage process (specifically the service trucks) but I think I will just keep experimenting and be patient with content updates.