Game/PC Freeze

While i was playing for like 30 minutes my game got frozen(fps 3) and the memory of my pc went to 99%(16GB RAM). I managed to get my game saved but it took me some time because my pc lagged so much. While i pressed F9 i got those warnings:

I don’t know if those warnings are related to this issue.

Did it happen during save/load or shortly after a load?

No the warnings are old so it is not related.

After the load like 30-45 minutes or something my pc memory got overloaded. Yesterday got the same issue that made my save corrupt. When i closed AirportCEO my memory was normal again.

So the RAM increase over time? What kind of setup do you have?

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz
GeForce GTX 970
16GB RAM

I have the same issue with the freezing of the game
I am running
windows 10
Intel Core i7-7700hq 2.8GHz
GeFrorce GTX 1050Ti
12 gb ram

snip

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. In my current save game after a few minutes my game freezes completely. It is not possible to do anything in the game. I have to shut down the process of the game and then my PC goes back to normal. Is this problem identified as a defect?

Best regards

@erdkruste if you use experimental branch please apply this;

Also, if you are experiencing issues with freezes or crashes to desktop. Please open up the development panel (F10) and toggle on “Use main thread path finding” when you start the game. If the problems persist with this setting enabled, please contact us! Also please continue to send in crash logs for us to analyze.

If you do NOT use experimental banch please contact us.

1 Like

wow fast reply :slight_smile:

I use the last version which is publicated on Steam.

Yes, but on the experimental branch or on the default branch?

So regular version, not experimental version. Right? If you are not certain open the game and tell us what version number do you see on main menu.

I did not changed anything on the branch. So I expect that the regular version is used. I can share the version number later this day.

Alright, can you try switching to the experimental branch and then enable “Use main thread pathfinding” by pressing F10 and checking the toggle in the top left corner? Currently the experimental branch should with that featured toggled on be more stabe than the default branch but do perform a security backup of your saves.

If the problem still persist with this toggled on we’d like to hear about it! :slight_smile:

How can I switch to the experimantal branch?

How can I switch to the experimantal branch?

So from this we can assume that you are not using experimental branch. What are your PC specs and which settings do you play your game?

Also have you ever edited any save file? Especially to increase map size or add money?

The specs of my PC:
Windows 10
Zota6GB D5 GTX 1060 AMP! Edition
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 WRAITH 3400 AM4 BOX
D416GB 2400-15 Flare X K2 GSK

I am playing with the highest settings. Also I never touched and/or edited the save file.

It seems that the problem occurs the first time during the construction of my baggage transport system.

I’m not using Experimental Batch.
Windows 10 FCU
i7 6700K 4Ghz
32GB 3000Mhz RAM
GTX 1080.

It froze like 5 times. i had to hard reset the PC.
that too on the first plane in the morning. not even on full capacity.

Can you try switching to the experimental branch (make a backup of your save of course) and see if its as unstable there? We have some new tech in place dealing with these issues.

Do you have any idea how to bug track a memory leak for you?