How did you discover ACEO

I was looking for a decent low-graphics and low-cost aviation related game, and this does not disappoint! I sent out a call for help for a game like this, and someone on youtube pointed this out for me.

Been looking for years for a decent Airport sim that lets you deisgn and operate an airport. I bought SimAirport early access, but then it annoyed me with A380s landing on tiny runways barely twice as long as the plane, and the wing over the terminal when it taxis. So reading the Sim Airport forum I saw mention of Airport CEO. Went to have a look and fell in love with it - it seems so perfect, realistic and proper scale.

I was looking for a cool game and came across simairport and it looked bad so I read the reviews and someone said to wait for this and I was like what’s airport CEO and typed it into my browser and found it and it looks pretty neat.

Then how did Me123 join on September 2, 2016?

Good question. Then probably i was mistaken by 2 days :slight_smile:

The forum was opened on the 2nd, but didn’t became active at all until a few days later

I do remember though that someone became a member so soon even Olof was surprised.
I believe that person had a special web query of some sort outstanding and was notified the moment the domain became active.
Talk about dedication :smiley:

I remember something like that happening indeed! I was pretty early myself too, I joined several minutes after the Facebook post went up, talk about addiction…

Been searching desperately for ages for a good airline/airport game, suddenly the very first video pops on YouTube in its early stages. Happy to follow since the early times.

I Guess the patience paid off

1 Like

I wa searching for Airport Tycoon 3 and I found ACEO.

2 Likes

Yeah I signed up pretty much as soon as it was announced to be honest, and it was deadly quiet for a few days. Pleased to say that it took off from there and here we are today!

1 Like

Long story but I met a dude in school and then he started coding some stuff and showed me and I was like “hmm, that’s dope, maybe we could build something out of this” and now here we are!

16 Likes

@Olof where did the idea to make an airport game come from??

Could be me as in quite a few PA videos I spread the word out :roll_eyes::wink:

1 Like

Like several others I found it through comments on a SimAirport Lets Play, and while I don’t remember who the commenter was (thank you!) I do remember who the lets player was; OfficalStuffPlus.

I think they had said earlier that they played an older airport tycoon and weren’t satisfied so they decided to try and make one (i think :wink:)

I first saw the game May 2016, forgot about it till December 2016, and have been an active follower since!

Like many other people, i was watching someone play SimAirport, and someone commented saying that the youtuber i was watching should check out this game, if he thought SimAirport was decent.

1 Like

Typical. Since there are a bunch of Airport Sims in development/EA, you always hear them being compared at one time or another. :grinning: :star:

One day Sim Airport popped up in my recommended videos. I thought it didn’t look that good even though it was a early access. But then ACEO trailer popped up and I immediately loved it. Oh the days when i checked every day for gameplay part 2!