SUGGESTIONS: Aircraft Models

@Olof and @Fredrik, I don’t think you would need planes such as a C208 at any commercial airport, even small ones. Try focusing on CRJs, DH8s and ERJs. As for A320s and 737s, despite being similar planes, they should both be in the game. On to Douglas dc-3s ad older planes, they shouldn’t be in the game as they are retired. @alpha, great thread idea!

Ryan…Why can’t we have retired planes. They should be there as they are legends.

And devs, will we able to add our own planes made by us through mods??

1 Like

Smaller commercial airports and those with short landing strips are highly likely to operate the Grand Caravan and there are 2500 of them built which is only about 4 times less than the 737 which is the most popular commercial airline.

When we are starting out, with a small airport the grand caravan and other aircraft like the TBM-850 are more than likely going to be our main source of revenue alongside GA aircraft if they are implemented in a favourable fashion.

Having aircraft that are functionally identical in the beginning is not a priority, a good reason why the BAE 146 is the next aircraft being implemented is because it’s different. If they flesh out all the different types of aircraft to make there appear to be a sense of progression before starting to include all the different variations of basically the same aircraft (Yes, I know Airbus and Boeing are different companies, but it’s got the same capabilities).

I do agree with you on the subject of older aircraft as they wouldn’t be used in a commercial airfield, but maybe there is the option to hold an event such as Oshkosh where a hell of a lot of aircraft turn up including some really great classics. Although that is more likely going to fall down to the modders as it’s not really worth modelling all those aircraft.

Have to disagree with you there, The airport I’m based at has a mix of everything from Boeing and Airbus (And the occasional Antonov/Ilyushin) down to 200/208/400 series Cessna’s and a range of Pipers, the 208’s are as common as the heavies. On the contrary, CRJ’s and ERJ’s don’t exist at all! Globally they’re are different mixes of traffic and it would be great to have them represented.

1 Like

How about General Aviation planes that also use commercial airport grounds? Not to mention teh fact that FedEx, one of the largest parcel carriers, operates a ton of Grand Caravans

Did a little update on the table :slight_smile:

Type basics added:
added Aérospatiale: N262
added BAe: ATP J31 J32 J41
added Britten-Norman: BN2
added Cessna: C170 C172 C175 C177 C180 C182 C185 C206 C208 C210 C303 C310 C337 C340 C350 C400 C402 C404 C406 C411 C414 C421 C425 C441 :smiley:
added Cirrus: SR20 SR22
added Dornier: Do28 Do228 Do328
added EADS CASA: CN235
added Fokker: F27 F28
added Gippsland: GA8
added Hawker Siddeley: HS748 (subtypes)
added Mooney: M20
added Pilatus: PC12
added Piper: PA28 PA32 PA34 PA44 PA46
added SOCATA: TB TBM700
added Sud Aviation: SE210 Caravelle
added Sukhoi: SSJ100

Type full set added:
added Aérospatiale/BAC: Concorde
added ATR: ATR42 ATR72
added Fokker: F50 F70 F100

LINK

I hope that are enough GA and Commuter planes to choose from. :smiley:
… and also some more unique planes for the sake of it. :wink: :airplane_departure:

U R AWESOME!!!:sunglasses: One more thing for devs… Will we able to decide our airport establishment date??
For example:
If I open an airport in 1960s/70s… I should get Airbus 300s and Boeing 707/747(1st model) at my airport instead of A380s and 787s.
And if I open in 2010… I should get mostly newer aircrafts (older ones can show up occasionally).

Will/Can this be implemented?? I think it’s good.

Kinda the answer to your question, kinda not the answer to your question :slight_smile:
https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/historic-mode-and-time-progression/157/7?u=codythelion

2 Likes

I had already seen that post as I have answered it. But it’s not the correct answer😐

“It would probably be possible to do something similar to Tropico or AOEII where you instantly jump from like the 1930s to the 1950s when you are “ready”. The issue with a historic progression is the insane amount of work it would require. To do it properly it would require at least five different ages, meaning that each object, or at least several of the objects (vehicles, clothes, furniture, structures), would require five different sprites.”

This is not in the current pipeline as we have mentioned the heavy work regarding creating additional sprites and figuring out clever systems to transform to new eras. However, we might still bring back some retired planes, just for the fun of it. I hope that answers your question. :airplane:

Would it be possible to add a starting year to a plane configuration? if you set that initially to 1950 or so, all stock planes would by default appear. It would also allow modders to add planes for certain years and even - when the pool is large enough - to set the ‘correct’ year to the stock planes.

That’s what I meant. I framed it wrong. :disappointed_relieved:

@pderuiter asked it correctly… Sorry for inconvenience :cry:

Don’t worry! :slight_smile:

Grand Caravans aren’t even commercial props, so even small airports wouldn’t have them. The smallest airports would have DH8As and B1900s. However, will C208s be used for cargo, if there is cargo. @Fredrik and @olof, this something that would help if you answered,

I don’t understand your question? C208 and DH6 are already in the game.

4 Likes

As ACEO will reflect scheduled flights only at the beginning (as far as I read), all planes that fall into a group of planes that make scheduled commerical flights on at least a weekly basis make sense. Which means everything starting from BN-2 Islander :gb: and Cessna Caravans :us: and up fits the game. There are also “airlines” flying Piper etc in scheduled services with revenue passengers.

Obviously @alpha has done an amazing job with his extensive list of aircraft, but I was watching videos on YouTube (who doesn’t do that, right?) and happened to come across a very nice Airbus A350, which I didn’t know about. The plane is only 4 years old, and looks very sharp, I might add.

Of course, this plane is competition to the Boeing 787, which means we’d have to look into slowly bringing in the larger aircraft, but I felt the Dreamliner and the A350 were pretty sharp with the blended winglets, and in the A350’s case, the all-black windows with rounded edges on the cockpit! Not bad, I don’t think. Sorry if this seems redundant, but I wanted to suggest at least those 2 aircraft.

Oh and Psst… Don’t forget the CS100 LOL